What's wrong with this one?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 May '14 05:59
    Originally posted by iChopWoodForFree
    They have yet to answer.
    They're probably thinking, "PEBCAK" (problem exists between chair and keyboard)
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 May '14 01:09
    Also, what happened when I disagreed with you in my game analysis thread?

You assume that you are much more clever than anybody who isn't clearly smarter than you. It comes out in your condescending "advice."

Btw, I checked with stockfish DD for that game and it doesn't find my pawn advances as bad and even gives me an advantage until I blundered at the end of the game.
    If you value stockfish over human advice why seek human advice?
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    08 May '14 02:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If you value stockfish over human advice why seek human advice?
    I dont. Stockfish can't tell me what I'm supposed to be playing for, only which moves are good or not. I had decided my pawn advances were correct before I looked at stockfish, I don't finish a game and immediately pull out the engine.
  5. Joined
    21 Mar '14
    Moves
    08 May '14 09:53
    My rating for standard chess shows as 1366 when I offer a game but it shows as 1728 in game.

I wouldn't really care except I can never get better players to accept my games and always get stuck playing weaker opposition. Does anybody know if this is a common issue and if there is a way to fix it?

Here is a game I played recently there just t ...[text shortened]... Qe5 Qxe5 31. Rxe5 O-O 32. Re2 Rc7 33. Re3 Bd6 34. Bxf6 gxf6 35. a3 Be5 {White resigns} 0-1[/pgn]
    With 0 moves on the site how can you have any rating other than P1200?
  6. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    08 May '14 10:29
    Originally posted by bindaschess
    With 0 moves on the site how can you have any rating other than P1200?
    fyi:

There are other chess sites that exist outside of RHP.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 May '14 11:421 edit
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    fyi:

Yes. Think of this site as a help forum for people who only play on other sites. 😛
  8. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    08 May '14 11:59
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Yes. Think of this site as a help forum for people who only play on other sites. 😛
    Only to then dismiss any help that is offered! 😀
  9. Joined
    21 Mar '14
    Moves
    08 May '14 12:45
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    fyi:

I know, and these people should be taking help on those sites where they are playing. Dumbo doesn't even know which site he is playing on and if someone is offering advice just picks up an argument. If he cannot understand an engine analysis, then should be hiring a chess coach. May be he should start charging for the chopped wood before thinking about playing chess:-)
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    09 May '14 14:36
    Originally posted by bindaschess
    I know, and these people should be taking help on those sites where they are playing. Dumbo doesn't even know which site he is playing on and if someone is offering advice just picks up an argument. If he cannot understand an engine analysis, then should be hiring a chess coach. May be he should start charging for the chopped wood before thinking about playing chess:-)
    Well, dumbo, nobody ever offered any real advice and I perfectly understand engine analysis.

I sought help on the chess server ICC before I came to this forum. The people here used to be more helpful and less arrogant.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 May '14 14:49
    Well, dumbo, nobody ever offered any real advice and I perfectly understand engine analysis.

I sought help on the chess server ICC before I came to this forum. The people here used to be more helpful and less arrogant.
    Aww, poor iChugWoodForFree, having to deal with all these trolls.

(Dammit, Russ, I want my crying smiley back.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree