1. round and round
    Moves
    30 May '08 13:08
    I only recently joined this site, after not having much involvement with chess-related things for many years. The rating system is something completely new to me. Can anyone give me some insight into how it works? My questions are mainly things like:
    1. Your opponents ratings. Are they figured in someway? For example, if I beat someone with a 1500 rating vs. beating someone with a 1200 rating, or vice-versa. 2. Do the # of moves in a game come into play? 3. Does resigning a game differ from playing through? Thanks for your time.
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    30 May '08 13:132 edits
    Originally posted by dizzyfingers
    I only recently joined this site, after not having much involvement with chess-related things for many years. The rating system is something completely new to me. Can anyone give me some insight into how it works? My questions are mainly things like:
    1. Your opponents ratings. Are they figured in someway? For example, if I beat someone with a 1500 rat ...[text shortened]... game come into play? 3. Does resigning a game differ from playing through? Thanks for your time.
    1. FAQ

2. The number of moves has no effect, except for the unusual 50-move-rule, after which a draw can be claimed.

3. Resgning and losing by checkmate make no difference.

If you have other questions, take a look at http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/help/index.php?help=faq if you have a chance.
  3. round and round
    Moves
    30 May '08 13:30
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    1. FAQ

2. The number of moves has no effect, except for the unusual 50-move-rule, after which a draw can be claimed.

3. Resgning and losing by checkmate make no difference.

If you have other questions, take a look at http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/help/index.php?help=faq if you have a chance.
    I figured there was a place to look for the answers to these of types questions, but didn't know where. Thanks for the references.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree