Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 05 Jan '07 06:12
    since white is said 2 have the advantage ,winning or losing with black should affect ur rating differently ,wat is ur thought?
  2. 05 Jan '07 06:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by hakaman
    since white is said 2 have the advantage ,winning or losing with black should affect ur rating differently ,wat is ur thought?
    Please try and read the other threads discussing this. This topic has gone back and forth between who has the advantage white or black? Look at the percentage of grandmaster games. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it is abou even, with black's winning slowly increasing. Not to say that black has the advantage though.
  3. Subscriber LordofADown
    King of all Hills
    05 Jan '07 06:22
    Originally posted by pizzintea
    Please try and read the other threads discussing this. This topic has gone back and forth between who has the advantage white or black? Look at the percentage of grandmaster games. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it is abou even, with black's winning slowly increasing. Not to say that black has the advantage though.
    very interesting, what are the averages for grandmaster play?
  4. 05 Jan '07 06:26 / 1 edit
    Roughly 35% white, 35% draw, and 30% black.
  5. Subscriber LordofADown
    King of all Hills
    05 Jan '07 06:28
    wow, ....stupid draws
  6. Standard member Dies Irae
    I Love U
    05 Jan '07 06:32
    In most large databases, White wins 6% more games than black.
  7. 05 Jan '07 07:29
    Since we play roughly half our games as white and half our games as black the rating gain/loss evens out statistically.
  8. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    05 Jan '07 10:07
    Originally posted by dmnelson84
    Roughly 35% white, 35% draw, and 30% black.
    draw... what color is that, grey?


    kidding aside, how much do you guys draw? 35% sounds like quite a lot. I have 11 draws from 199 games, 11/199 = 5.5%
  9. 05 Jan '07 10:17
    Originally posted by wormwood
    draw... what color is that, grey?


    kidding aside, how much do you guys draw? 35% sounds like quite a lot. I have 11 draws from 199 games, 11/199 = 5.5%
    17 grey games out of 196 (8.67% ).
  10. Standard member Dies Irae
    I Love U
    05 Jan '07 10:30 / 1 edit
    5 of 54

    9%

    Most people at my level don't recognize drawn positions and then the game goes on until someone eventually wanders into a winning position.

    In most of my drawn games, someone proposed a draw, the draw was rejected, and the game went on for some time before the draw was unavoidable.