1. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 16:09
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    As the author of one of the above blunders, let me say there simply is no excuse in correspondence chess, none at all; and I've made 4 or 5 such blunders in my time at RHP. My only advice is not to move after you've had a row with your partner or are under the influence of alcohol (or worse still both)!
    I think my worst blunders probably happen when my other half is nagging me to get off the computer. Instead of just shutting it down and coming back later I make the first move that comes into my head without any thought what-so-ever.

As you say there is no excuse in CC to miss any combination less than about 3 moves deep.
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 16:18
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    As the author of one of the above blunders, let me say there simply is no excuse in correspondence chess, none at all; and I've made 4 or 5 such blunders in my time at RHP. My only advice is not to move after you've had a row with your partner or are under the influence of alcohol (or worse still both)!
    I'm OK if I'm drinking at home, because it's gradual I'll realise when I've had too much to think properly and stop playing chess. My problem is when I come stumbling in at midnight and decide it would be a great idea to log on to redhotpawn.com and clear my backlog of games.

I need one of these but for my computer:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/FutureTech/story?id=1058563&page=1
  3. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 16:31
    Originally posted by Korch
    2200+ players may make blunders.

For example - Game 3163755 - 42.c3?? blundering a rook or Game 3639573 - 24...Rd2?? blundering exchange.

P.S. Even GMs may make blunders. The soundest example is Kramnik who did blunder mate in one.
    I stated too simply. I mean, dropping queens doesn't happen with 1800+ (1% maybe) ... positional blunders probably occur...the higher the rating the lower the blunders generally speaking.
  4. Joined
    18 Jun '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 16:36
    tell that to Vladamir....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree