1. Joined
    05 Sep '11
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 19:562 edits
    Here's a game that I recently finished using the Ruy Lopez Schliemann variation. As you'll be able to clearly see I went up a piece in the opening because of some missteps from white (Notable is 7.Qh5 instead of 7.Ng4). After this advantage white pressed on and managed to regain some material, only to find himself in a losing position...

Game 8833839

I don't have a lot of time now, but I plan to add some annotations later if I get the chance and there seems to be some interest.
  2. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 21:32
    kind of cute from white to actually underpromote 😀

ps: would love to see some annotations!
  3. Joined
    22 Oct '10
    Moves
    12 Nov '11 12:241 edit
    Originally posted by UnderPromote
    Here's a game that I recently finished using the Ruy Lopez Schliemann variation. As you'll be able to clearly see I went up a piece in the opening because of some missteps from white (Notable is 7.Qh5 instead of 7.Ng4). After this advantage white pressed on and managed to regain some material, only to find himself in a losing position...

[gid]88338 ions later if I get the chance and there seems to be some interest.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '11
    Moves
    16 Nov '11 01:121 edit
    Originally posted by UnderPromote

[gid]88338 ions later if I get the chance and there seems to be some interest.
    Well there was hardly any interest, but one person did mention wanting to see some annotations so I wrote in some quick notes. I apologize for their lack of depth but I couldn't justify doing much more with such seemingly little interest:

I forgot to add that instead of white's 7.Qh5+? Novelty he should perhaps have tried 7.Ng4 which is what my database recommends.
  5. In attack
    Moves
    16 Nov '11 08:45
    Nice ebb and flow to the game, and one can only applaud move 55 🙂
  6. Joined
    28 Apr '09
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 07:351 edit
    I wouldn't have played 7. Qh5+ without planning to follow up with 8. Nxg6. It doesn't win a rook as normal for this structure because of the black queen on e5 but it destroys Black's king side pawns and prevents castling and - if White can survive any immediate king side attack - creates a very interesting and imbalanced game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree