1. Seattle
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 15:00
    this guy is trying to take a draw...
    Game 1766264
  2. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 15:03
    Some people believe that it is a draw. It is up to you to prove it isn't.
  3. Seattle
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 15:171 edit
    yeah...but they take the 3 day to move their king...a simple 10 move process will take me a month to play out....and to any decent chess player its obviously not a draw
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 15:25
    Originally posted by c guy1
    this guy is trying to take a draw...
    Game 1766264
    Please do not discuss games in progress. Strict rules against cheating here would result in your forfeit of the game for starrting this thread (consider yourself lucky that you can still play the game).
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 17:21
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Please do not discuss games in progress. Strict rules against cheating here would result in your forfeit of the game for starrting this thread (consider yourself lucky that you can still play the game).
    There is no rule about a player discussing any of the games in progress that he/she is playing. There is a rule about soliciting advice or help in those games.

skeeter
  6. Neuquen, Argentina
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 17:37
    I´ll simply ask you one thing:
    "Is he doing something illegal or against RHP rules?"

Next time play without timebank, or...do not play at all.

I´ve been in your situation...thats awfull, but rules are rules.

On the other hand...Have you ever been in the week position?

He is testing you...when he realize you know how to mate him...he will resign.
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 18:06
    Well you better use those 3 days to find the "most" efficient way to mate him. That way, you will waste less time.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 18:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 18:40
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    You both blundered your way through the game so he has every right to think you may not be able to mate him with rook and king or that you may create a stalemate.
    GOOOOOOOOD POINT! I just went through the game......wow...I seriously doubt either player has the skill to mate in under fifty with king and rook.
    Just pitiful play.
  10. Joined
    11 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 19:04
    white is a win just have to mate him no big deal
  11. The Great North
    Moves
    15 Feb '06 23:57
    i was in that situation once before(I was with the rook) and i just couildnt get the mate. I dont blame black for the draw offer, either he is testing you or he doesnt think you are capable of it, or he doesnt think it is possible. BTW, i lost my game due to a timeout.
  12. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '06 11:39
    Originally posted by AlpineXazax
    i was in that situation once before(I was with the rook) and i just couildnt get the mate. I dont blame black for the draw offer, either he is testing you or he doesnt think you are capable of it, or he doesnt think it is possible. BTW, i lost my game due to a timeout.
    In fact, to show how strong the Rook actually is, with K & R v K it is possible to force mate on any particular edge square that is desig-nated. Not of any practical use in play, but is an amusing and not very difficult puzzle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree