1. Joined
    11 Aug '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 15:23
    If you win a game with the white pieces, do you feel obliged to give the player a rematch in which you play black?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 15:26
    Originally posted by lordgledhill
    If you win a game with the white pieces, do you feel obliged to give the player a rematch in which you play black?
    I feel obliged to play them again so I can win more rating points! 😛 nah I'm only kidding but if they challenge me I don't mind playing again.
  3. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 16:32
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I feel obliged to play them again so I can win more rating points! 😛 nah I'm only kidding but if they challenge me I don't mind playing again.
    As a non-subscriber, and someone relatively new to RHP, I would say no, I feel no obligation. If I play and beat someone, I will quite happily accept their challenge to a rematch though. For now, I'm enjoying playing lots of different people, although I have two friends (one of whom recommended RHP to me) who I play regularly here.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 16:40
    no but if i lose i might want a rematch.
  5. Joined
    04 May '11
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 15:02
    No. If someone asks for a rematch, especially if the game was fairly even(or I won), I'll most likely accept, but that's because most of my games are against basically random opponents and it's nice to play against people whose tactics you have at least some knowledge. Not because of any obligation.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 12:21
    No, but I don't usually refuse one rematch. (I usually do refuse more, but there's a reason for that.)

What I do find odd about rematches, though, is that if you click the rematch button, it doesn't automatically swap the colours. I have my normal challenge settings set to assign a random colour, and it appears that the rematch option uses the same setting. I'm not sure that it should.

Richard
  7. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    28 Jun '11 16:26
    I like to play the same person a few times. Adds to the excitement.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree