1. The Hague
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 08:561 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Yes.
    In tournament play when the clock reaches 0 you loose, that is the rule of the game.

CC has rules too, time rules, if you enter a game you don't have the time for, you should be timed out.

Additionally vacation settings have been recently improved to protect you if you have unexpected time away from the game.
    This was not a tournament game.
    Game 3333639
  2. LA
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 09:26
    Originally posted by davaniel
    Game 3333639
    What I was trying to say (sorry it was not clear enough) in OTB tournamant play and in most OTB games in general people play to time rules.
    When the time reaches 0 you lose, no matter how advanced your position is.

The game you posted was a 1/0 cc game which indicates that you wanted to play a really quick game.

Your opponent was clearly beaten and chose to ignore the game, you had a 2 move CM position.

Ignoring the game when you are 2 moves from CM is not unreasonable in a 1/0 game and it is possible you could have messed up a little by moving the queen first instead of the king.

So he's basically saying, "Yes you beat me, make your 2 moves at your convenience".

He opens his games the next day and you have neglected to take a move in the one day per move time limit for the game, so he times you out.

I would have done the same, most people on this site would have done the same if they see a skull and no holiday indicator displayed.

If you for whatever reason you don't make a move in 1 day in a 1/0 game and don't have your holiday flag up, you should be skulled, no matter what the position.
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 09:54
    Game 3333639
    You must have been pissed off. Mate next move and you lose on time.

Happens to me all the time over the board but never here (yet).

With 1/0 games you really need to do them twice a day to avoid this, otherwise don't play them.
  4. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 19:15
    Originally posted by Schopenhauer
    Hi, colleagues.

I don't know who will read this.
    I observed that most players, when it is absolutely lost, play on nerves and play one move every three days, or every twelve hours if it is a fast game.
    Let's go back to honour and against mediocracy. When you feel the wind ot unavoidable defeat, please accelerate the resign, and make another gair game. Many thanks.
    I enjoy playing games I am winning. I like them to go on for a while. What's the problem? Don't you like playing chess?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 19:21
    Game 3333639
    wow, that's against the same guy I'm playing right now.

I know what Im' doing if I see a skull.
  6. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 23:272 edits
    Originally posted by UserChevy
    I don't resign unless it is a absolutely hopeless position for me. I have come from more than a rook back twice in my high school matches. Sure I had a little help from my oponent, but still I try until it is absolutely over. But I do see what you mean.
    i dont either, i have had several stalemates in the end game when i was way behindGame 3411355😀😀
  7. Joined
    19 Oct '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 16:47
    Originally posted by elady
    😉
    Why don't you post your personal expectations on your profile, as to avoid confusion? The rules are clear enough for the rest of us.
  8. Under ur ChessBoard!
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 23:50
    Originally posted by Schopenhauer
    Hi, colleagues.

I don't know who will read this.
    I observed that most players, when it is absolutely lost, play on nerves and play one move every three days, or every twelve hours if it is a fast game.
    Let's go back to honour and against mediocracy. When you feel the wind ot unavoidable defeat, please accelerate the resign, and make another gair game. Many thanks.
    They have every right to stretch the game...if you don't like it then stick to shorter time controls.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree