09 Oct '10 20:38
    Why is fyra in love with fem?

Because fem sex sju!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 21:40
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Sorry, I spelled wrong. Sex is Swedish for six, not an abbreviation for some other word.

Englishmen to a Swedish salesgirl: "I'll have half a dozen, please."
    She answered: "You want sex?"
    "Yes, thank you, but I want half a dozen first."
    Better make that an Australian instead, because another standard quip is "No sex, please, we're British". (See also: "lie back and think of England" and "not before the watershed, dear".)

Richard
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 22:261 edit
    I have a guy with a pending mate in one in the 7 day Clan League, and he apparently is planning to let it go all the way to the end of his timebank before he resigns or gets mated.

I put in a conditional move to complete the mate, so I don't even need to check in the game (perhaps he has not considered that I had that possibility?), but he potentially does the rest of the league a disservice by conducting himself in such a manner.

Our games won't be the last ones pending, so there's no real damage except to himself, but it is unnecessarily petty. A shame.
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 22:36
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I have a guy with a pending mate in one in the 7 day Clan League, and he apparently is planning to let it go all the way to the end of his timebank before he resigns or gets mated.

I put in a conditional move to complete the mate, so I don't even need to check in the game (perhaps he has not considered that I had that possibility?), but he potential ...[text shortened]... ending, so there's no real damage except to himself, but it is unnecessarily petty. A shame.
    For the record, he came through and resigned rather than wait, so all's well that ended well!
  5. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 22:41
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    That's nothing. A while back there was a guy posted on the forums about his opponent who was facing mate in one in a (iirc) 28/28. Yes, he ended up clicking a skull two months later!
  6. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 06:52
    is it possible to set click skull as a conditional move? I presume not but would be an aggressive function to have.
  7. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 07:14
    Originally posted by Habeascorp
    is it possible to set click skull as a conditional move? I presume not but would be an aggressive function to have.
    I think you mean we should have an autoclick skull option.
    You should submit that to site ideas.
    It's not bad at all.

It wouldn't work as a conditional move.
    If they make a move, then the condition wouldn't work!
  8. c6
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 21:30
    To me, the whole fairness of having to manually click the skull is that the clicking party has to be paying attention to their games to win.

And on short time controls, what's to stop people from enabling auto-skull on every single move, against the chance that one of their opponents falls off a cliff or gets stuck in a Faraday cage?

There would have to be a limit on how often, or when, it could be enabled.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 21:49
    Re. above game number 7804331, final position, I think white still has some good attacking chances, particularly on the king side, although counter - play on the queen side may present some problems.
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 02:57
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    Re. above game number 7804331, final position, I think white still has some good attacking chances, particularly on the king side, although counter - play on the queen side may present some problems.
    April 1, 2011 comes early this year- either that or the "only chess" forum is becoming an haven for unemployed comics!

And can I be considered a comic if it's my own games I laugh at...?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree