Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    25 Mar '08 17:41
    Who would like to participate ? Since I never played any real tournament I am not the best one to organize it, but if nobody else is interested I will learn how to make it.

    What would be the best system, Swiss, Knockout, how to pair players ?

    If you are interested to help me to organize it and partecipate (or just partecipate ) just post your name or ideas.


    I think 10 minutes game would be ok.

    (If there is anyone who would like to partecipate but is firewalled by his stupid administrator at work, what to say, this is a cruel world )
  2. 25 Mar '08 22:55
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Who would like to participate ? Since I never played any real tournament I am not the best one to organize it, but if nobody else is interested I will learn how to make it.

    What would be the best system, Swiss, Knockout, how to pair players ?

    If you are interested to help me to organize it and partecipate (or just partecipate ) just post your name o ...[text shortened]... te but is firewalled by his stupid administrator at work, what to say, this is a cruel world )
    I would like 5/0 best and maybe 5/5 would be good also... ten minutes just doesn't feel like blitz to me.
  3. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    25 Mar '08 23:01
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I would like 5/0 best and maybe 5/5 would be good also... ten minutes just doesn't feel like blitz to me.
    Maybe you are right, but then between 5/0 and 5\5 I would choose 5/3

    Fast enough and increment for moves assure you that you will have that last second for mate.
  4. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    26 Mar '08 11:53
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Maybe you are right, but then between 5/0 and 5\5 I would choose 5/3

    Fast enough and increment for moves assure you that you will have that last second for mate.
    bump :'(

    (I thought the idea would be more interesting to you people then it apparently is)
  5. 26 Mar '08 12:15
    I believe it to be an fabulous idea ;o)).
  6. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    26 Mar '08 12:21
    Originally posted by Stephane
    I believe it to be an fabulous idea ;o)).
    Are you joking ?
  7. 26 Mar '08 13:16
    sounds like fun
  8. 26 Mar '08 22:56
    Nope quite serious, count me in.

    S.