RHP Blitz

RHP Blitz

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
The Chessicle

Scotland?

Moves
28 Dec 11

A nice sustained kingside attack.

D

Moves
28 Dec 11

@Chessicle - was that against me? I know I've played (and lost to you) on Blitz before, in this game black appears to playing one of my favourite openings.

D

Moves
28 Dec 11

Here is an example of said style - when it actually WORKS 😀

c
The Chessicle

Scotland?

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by DR85
@Chessicle - was that against me? I know I've played (and lost to you) on Blitz before, in this game black appears to playing one of my favourite openings.
I do believe it was - except that I took your rook on the last move, having failed to notice the mate.

:/

w

on your backrank!

Moves
04 Feb 12

lm

Moves
13 Feb 12

D

Moves
15 Feb 12
3 edits

Cheers to tomtom232 (black) for lending his 5 minutes to an underdog! If he or anybody can evaluate where it started to go pear-shaped for me, I'd be grateful for your feedback.

Seems tomtom plays with the precise intuition of a satnav.

t

Moves
15 Feb 12
1 edit

Cheers to tomtom232 (black) for lending his 5 minutes to an underdog! If he or anybody can evaluate where it started to go pear-shaped for me, I'd be grateful for your feedback. [pgn][Event "RHP Blitz rated"] [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"] [Date "2012.2.15"] [Round "?"] [White "DR85"] [Black "tomtom232"] [Result "0-1"] 1. d2-d4 c7-c5 2. Ng1-f3 e7-e6 3. e2-e4 d7-d ...[text shortened]... 8 Kg8-f7 0-1[/pgn]

Seems tomtom plays with the precise intuition of a satnav.
My first move starts what is called the Czech-Benoni. The most common response is 2.d5 e5 3.e4 or 3.c4.

I think the game was pretty much over after 6. Bc1-g5 although not resignable in a blitz game... you still had tricks but then when you let me march my a pawn that was bad too my idea was to chase your knight away so that I could put my knight on d4 and you notice that when your knight disappeared this is right where my knight landed.

D

Moves
15 Feb 12
1 edit

Thanks. Yeah, I called myself a douche, out loud, when I realised I couldn't recapture your knight without going a piece down. Sort of took the momentum out of anything brewing, so I figured to forget the early attack and focus on the center, when that didn't work out, it was kitchen sink until resignation....

t

Moves
15 Feb 12
1 edit

Thanks. Yeah, I called myself a douche, out loud, when I realised I couldn't recapture your knight without going a piece down. Sort of took the momentum out of anything, so I figured to ignore the attack an focus on the center, when that didn't work out, it was kitchen sink until resignation....
Yes, I noticed that in this game you had trouble seeing "backward squares" or squares that were controlled by my pieces behind them so that they have to move backward to capture anything that lands there. I would suggest setting up simple tactics on a board where you have to move backwards to achieve the goal like setting a fork, skewer, pin etc.

PS 17.Bxd5+ Kh8 18.Bxc6 would have been ok for you.

D

Moves
16 Feb 12

Yes, that happened a couple of times, disregarding your knight's back movement was what put a piece down in the first place. Cheers for the advice, I'll certainly play around with that. Also, really interesting response to 1.d4 opening, you never really see anything like that on my end of the ratings scale 🙂 I'm going to check out that black opening you cited.

t

Moves
16 Feb 12

Yes, that happened a couple of times, disregarding your knight's back movement was what put a piece down in the first place. Cheers for the advice, I'll certainly play around with that. Also, really interesting response to 1.d4 opening, you never really see anything like that on my end of the ratings scale 🙂 I'm going to check out that black opening you cited.
I actually just started using it on chesscube... in 1-3 mins blitz it tends to be kind of a shocker that ticks a few seconds off the opponents clock.

D

Moves
17 Feb 12
2 edits

Trophy end position for a surprise win against a relatively superior 1338 player! I played 1.d4, became a very messy Queen's gambit declined game. Two moves before this I had his Queen with only 30 seconds on the clock.

I love, yet hate blitz.

D

Moves
18 Feb 12

'Obliteration' gets obliterated😛

Moves
23 Feb 12