1. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 14:151 edit
    Five days into the new month (December), and eleven of the 'top 30' have played only nine moves between them. And eight of them have played none at all.

Have they all gone Christmas shopping? Or are we witnessing something else, I wonder?

Things could change of course, as the days tick by. We'll see
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 15:06
    It looks like David Tebb has left. This is rather sad.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 19:45
    Originally posted by Erekose
    No way! 🙁
  4. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 20:08
    No worries... the real good chess players are the ones who move to secluded Islands during the holidays to study peacefully.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 20:371 edit
    its no good, a good friend on the second page of the leader board is also somewhat
    dismayed and has expressed a will to leave. Really sad. 🙁
  6. The Ghost Bishop
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its no good, a good friend on the second page of the leader board is also somewhat
    dismayed and has expressed a will to leave. Really sad. 🙁
    Its ok Robbie... we'll just promise each other to be dedicated to our chess study until we get to the 1st page. Then that will replace these missing players. Until then lets just drink beer.

Cheers.

Q
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 21:08
    Originally posted by PhySiQ
    Its ok Robbie... we'll just promise each other to be dedicated to our chess study until we get to the 1st page. Then that will replace these missing players. Until then lets just drink beer.

Cheers.

Q
    there's always a solution great Q, and the correct questions may lead us to uncover
    the hidden elements, but a gentle bottle of Innes and Gunn, hand crafted in American
    cherry and oak casks can turn one into a philosopher, almost instantly! 🙂
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    09 Dec '11 10:27
    Wasn't he a moderator at one time, and also a former RHP champion?
  9. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    09 Dec '11 19:23
    I like this stat more. We're 9 days into the month and User 198302 has made 7198 moves. Assuming he has 8 hours sleep that's a move a minute all day every day. He gets my respect and sympathy at the same time.
  10. In attack
    Moves
    09 Dec '11 21:31
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    I like this stat more. We're 9 days into the month and User 198302 has made 7198 moves. Assuming he has 8 hours sleep that's a move a minute all day every day. He gets my respect and sympathy at the same time.
    I've played him a few times. I don't like leaving games waiting and try to keep it at "0" when I log out. Playing him ruined my social life for 4 days 🙂
  11. Standard memberyosiman
    Genius
    playing chess
    Moves
    09 Dec '11 22:46
    8 hours of sleep?!?!?!?

I can't even remember the last time I got 8 hours of sleep. 😞
  12. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 00:361 edit
    Originally posted by morgski
    I've played him a few times. I don't like leaving games waiting and try to keep it at "0" when I log out. Playing him ruined my social life for 4 days 🙂
    I used to be like this, but my rating went up when I realized that I could let games with longer time controls sit until I could spend time on them.
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 12:34
    He hasn't moved for 16 hours, so you can cut the move time to 30secs per move. 🙂

-m. 😉
  14. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by atticus2
    Five days into the new month (December), and eleven of the 'top 30' have played only [b]nine moves between them. And eight of them have played none at all.

Have they all gone Christmas shopping? Or are we witnessing something else, I wonder?

Things could change of course, as the days tick by. We'll see[/b]
    Now 18 days in to December, and nine of the 'top 30' have played just 71 moves between them. Four have played none at all.

Put another way, in 162 'man-days', these nine have played less than 0.5 moves per day. Hhmm...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree