1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:461 edit
    I just became a Club Tournament Director for the USCF (pretty easy; any player with a rating needs to just mail in a form) and while looking through the materials I had a brainstorm.

Picture this:

Some day later this year at several locations throughout the US, players from RHP who are members of the USCF meet and play in USCF sanctioned and rated tournaments organized by the players from RHP! More than just meetups, this would be an actual chance to play in an actual tournament against fellow RHPers. Of course, there could be socializing and fist fights after!

I am willing to open a Affiliate of the USCF to sponsor said tournaments; the fee is fairly nominal ($40) and won't break me IF there is sufficient interest. I picture the tourneys as either Swiss or Quads with at least 8 players minimum limited to RHP members. The tourneys would have to be self-financing, of course and we'd need some other RHPers who were TDs or willing to become one.

Is anybody interested? Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this come about?

Brainstorm with me, people!!
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I just became a Club Tournament Director for the USCF (pretty easy; any player with a rating needs to just mail in a form) and while looking through the materials I had a brainstorm.

Picture this:

Some day later this year at several locations throughout the US, players from RHP who are members of the USCF meet and play in USCF sancti ...[text shortened]... nybody have any ideas on how to make this come about?

Brainstorm with me, people!!
    I think it should be limited to fist fighting... no weapons of any kind.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree