1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 21:551 edit
    Originally posted by wormwood
    heh. 🙂 oh right, you had some finnish roots or something?

yeah, richter-rauzer would definitely surprise me tons more than alapin, closed, morra, gpa or classical dragon.
    I have genetic bits from all across Northern Europe (directly, maternal Scotch-Irish, and fraternal English-Welsh), but in this case, I have google translate!

I put in one of my games in pgn, and learned how to say $#%^& in 48 different languages!

In Florida, USA, the main line of the Sicilian is the Closed variation, but recently we've had a large crop of junior players who are playing the Scotch and the Open Sicilian and in general just going for the throat, like all good junior players should!
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 22:26
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I have genetic bits from all across Northern Europe (directly, maternal Scotch-Irish, and fraternal English-Welsh), but in this case, I have google translate!

I put in one of my games in pgn, and learned how to say $#%^& in 48 different languages!

In Florida, USA, the main line of the Sicilian is the Closed variation, but recently we've had ...[text shortened]... he Open Sicilian and in general just going for the throat, like all good junior players should!
    yeah thought it looked a bit googlarized, but had this tiny nagging feeling in my head that you've thrown a little finnish in there sometime before. but at least we've definitely touched the closed sicilian thing before, of that I'm sure. oh well...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree