1. Joined
    25 May '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 14:10
    Let me tell you guys something. I'm not going to be humble but I'll be honest. I should be rated at least 2300 on this site but because of my mental illness I resigned all my games for no reason at all. Don't believe me? challenge me to a game. I'll prove it to you. Is there any way that the site admin could reset my rating back to 1200? I promise you that I will not resign my games.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 14:26
    Originally posted by RM471
    Let me tell you guys something. I'm not going to be humble but I'll be honest. I should be rated at least 2300 on this site but because of my mental illness I resigned all my games for no reason at all. Don't believe me? challenge me to a game. I'll prove it to you. Is there any way that the site admin could reset my rating back to 1200? I promise you that I will not resign my games.
    If you are so good in chess as you think yourself, you will have no problem reaching your true rating in no time at all. That's the way rating works.
  3. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 16:38
    I don't see too many resignations and a lot of timeouts. Do you also promise not to timeout
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 17:06
    I believe you.

Game 6966859
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 20:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you are so good in chess as you think yourself, you will have no problem reaching your true rating in no time at all. That's the way rating works.
    Especially playing 80+ games!
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 01:02
    I am sorry to hear about your illness. Since you are open to games, I would recommend going to the "open invites" section and picking up as many games as you feel comfortable.

Getting to your correct rating is simply a matter of winning the requisite number of games, and my experience is that someone on the site who is at least 2300 in strength should be able to do in very short order.

Good luck!

Paul
  7. Subscriberjoesheppe
    Lesser Poobah
    Northern California
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 04:18
    This is pretty sad to hear from you, Paul. You were rated 1800 something this past January on the basis of beating weaker opponents, and now you're saying that you should be rated 2300, were it not for your recent sickness?
    Well, maybe. We'll see, but I'm not going to bet the house on that.
  8. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 05:21
    Paul? You aren't talk about Paul Leggit, are you?

I offered the OP a game to help him get back to his "natural rating," but he seems to be ignoring me.
  9. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by joesheppe
    This is pretty sad to hear from you, Paul. You were rated 1800 something this past January on the basis of beating weaker opponents, and now you're saying that you should be rated 2300, were it not for your recent sickness?
    Well, maybe. We'll see, but I'm not going to bet the house on that.
    I think you are confused between me and the original poster, sir. And I do not know what why you have an issue with me, or who I have played. I never turn down challenges, and I get more challenges from lower-rated players, not to mention that most of my tournament opponents happen to be lower-rated than me.

I did add an apology in my profile because I had games going on where my rating was higher when they started but lower by the time they ended, so some of my opponents did not get "full credit" if they won against me.

I CERTAINLY never made any statement about ever being 2300, nor do I see myself getting to 2300 any time in the near future!

Paul

EDIT: And if having a high rating is important to anyone, I recommend NOT playing lower-rated players. If I play someone 400 points below me, I get 1 point if I win, but I lose 32 points or so if I lose. Winning 32 games and losing one just to break even is not what I call a successful formula for increasing one's rating- especially as some of our lower-rated friends here are underrated, and won't be that way for long!
  10. Joined
    18 Mar '10
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 20:48
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I think you are confused between me and the original poster, sir. And I do not know what why you have an issue with me, or who I have played. I never turn down challenges, and I get more challenges from lower-rated players, not to mention that most of my tournament opponents happen to be lower-rated than me.

I did add an apology in my profile becau ...[text shortened]... ally as some of our lower-rated friends here are underrated, and won't be that way for long!
    When I first joined the site a few months ago with a p1200 grade, Paul was the only player over 1500 willing to welcome me to the site and give me a game. Very few players with his grade would be prepared to 'risk' their grade in this way.
    He did win :'( but I will get even next time 😉
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 21:29
    Originally posted by lundybishop
    When I first joined the site a few months ago with a p1200 grade, Paul was the only player over 1500 willing to welcome me to the site and give me a game. Very few players with his grade would be prepared to 'risk' their grade in this way.
    I have played many p rates and 13-1400's etc, I still do..what's the big deal about 'protecting their rates'.. who cares, what's an RHP point worth...nothing !!
  12. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 22:01
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I have played many p rates and 13-1400's etc, I still do..what's the big deal about 'protecting their rates'.. who cares, what's an RHP point worth...nothing !!
    That's my thinking- I play people, not ratings, and I've met some pretty cool people since last August when I signed up!
  13. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 22:03
    Originally posted by lundybishop
    "Even" with interest, the way I've been playing lately! Thanks for your post.

Paul
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 00:52
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett

I did add an apology in my profile becau ...[text shortened]... ally as some of our lower-rated friends here are underrated, and won't be that way for long!
    Seems to work for Skeeter....
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 21:03
    I too have a similar problem in that I should be rated around 2400.
    I would appreciate it if the site administrator would adjust my rating to 2400.
    Thank you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree