1. Joined
    29 May '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '08 07:39
    I tried to download the Rival Chess engine from this site. But it wont let me, I get an error message. Has anyone successfully downloaded it? And will it play in Arena? Thanks.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '08 12:08
    Originally posted by IndianaSwift
    I tried to download the Rival Chess engine from this site. But it wont let me, I get an error message. Has anyone successfully downloaded it? And will it play in Arena? Thanks.
    All links were broken for me. Maybe Chris has taken it commercial now? 😉

(In theory, the UCI version should work in Arena.)
  3. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 15:07
    With a little extra work, I was able to download Rival (not from the site's link, though). The UCI version does work in Arena 1.1. It doesn't seem to be a real strong engine, though. There are many other engines for Arena that are freely available. Is there any particular reason why you're wanting to run the Rival engine?
  4. Joined
    29 May '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 19:59
    I was just curious about Rival. I knew it wasnt going to be the new Rybka or anything. How strong would you say it is?
  5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 20:11
    I was just curious about Rival. I knew it wasnt going to be the new Rybka or anything. How strong would you say it is?
    After about 20 games with another 2100 engine, Rival seems to be settling in around 2200 or maybe a smidgen more. I'm not sure if the Rival site links are broken on purpose or by accident, so I'm not sure I should post a good link here. If you want, I can PM you.
  6. Joined
    29 May '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 20:221 edit
    Sure PM I would be greatful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree