1. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 20:56
    Hi, I just finished Game 7183255. I obtained a good, (maybe winning) position early on, and then missed a simple tactic, giving my opponent a free pawn, and returning material equality. However, I did have an advanced rook pawn, and felt I might still have a win. Unfortunatly, I was unable to capitalize on this, and ended up drawing.

I was wondering whether anyone sees any improvments and ways for me to win after around move 35.

2. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 21:22
    White rook looks stuck, and the only threat is the e-pawn. Maybe your king could have snagged that pawn before heading to b3.

Wouldn't 50... Kd4 work? Maybe?
  3. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 21:282 edits
    Doesn't white just advance the b-pawn then?

Edit-maybe not. I have to look at that line.

Edit2 - Well, I looked, and I couldn't find anything to stop white from just pushing the b pawn.
  4. Joined
    03 Oct '09
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 22:40
    You said you drawed but I can't really see how..
    B can't hold both pawns even with the extra rook as it seems
    I mean, black needs 2 turns to castle, in which w can promote his e pawn.
    Becasue after the b pawn is captured and b is left with his faraway king and a rook, it is b who has to struggle to draw, not w..
    So can someone try that line? I can't read or play that far since my ending theory sucks.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 23:09
    Originally posted by Lidan
    Becasue after the b pawn is captured and b is left with his faraway king and a rook, it is b who has to struggle to draw, not w..
    So can someone try that line? I can't read or play that far since my ending theory sucks.
    Black just keeps checking... and checking... and checking... etc.
  6. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 00:16
    Originally posted by Lidan
    Black just trades his rook for the e pawn once it promotes, leaving the black king to devour the pawn.
  7. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 05:581 edit
    I think white has no choice but to give his rook for the a-pawn, and when he'll have done it. black's pawn will be advenced far enough to queen, but black will kepp checking black. forever. and will treath the -g-pawn if something like Ke8 happens.

Hoverer, that pawn structure black had was horrible...
  8. Standard memberExuma
    Anansi
    Woodshed
    Moves
    28 Feb '10 07:21
    I know this is a little earlier than you were asking about - but this is a point when I thought black had some chances. Feel free to show how I am wrong (it is a bit late and lord knows I should be in bed). From this position:

Why not play Bb5 with a discovered attack on the e-pawn. If white goes pawn hunting on the h file, Rxe4 attacks the white B and can then go to e2 potentially attacking the c pawn. White's back rank is weak, the bishop covers f1, and if you could just convince that bishop to f2 there is an additional mate threat. Imagine you could jump the rook to f1 too. If white plays Rh4 you do have to watch for tactics with e5+!, but you can start the a pawns advance and defend the loose rook with it. Am I crazy?

9. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 04:01
    The reason I didn't play Bb5 is that white wins my rook and the game with Bc5+.
  10. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 05:16
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    that's a good reason to not play Bb5.
  11. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 05:29
    I thought so too.
  12. Standard memberExuma
    Anansi
    Woodshed
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 09:33
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    Yes. Don't post analysis in the late night people. Sorry 😕
  13. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Mar '10 10:05
    Originally posted by Exuma
    Yes. Don't post analysis in the late night people. Sorry 😕
    forgiv'n
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree