1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 08:42
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Squish 🙂

Well played.

Were you planning to sac on h6 from move 14-15ish or was it something you saw on that move?
    Actually 17.Qd2 was played against possible Nf4. I had planned to play positional like a4 or b3. But I succumbed to temptation 🙂
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 09:34
    Quite similar game here, except the sac was on g5.
  3. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 11:061 edit
    Originally posted by Korch
    Actually 17.Qd2 was played against possible Nf4. I had planned to play positional like a4 or b3. But I succumbed to temptation 🙂
    I know that feeling well, im particularly bad if people are watching.....playing to the crowd and all that. 🙂

Its actually quite instructive how you strip his king of the defenders after your sac. Very nice game to look at 🙂
  4. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 11:142 edits
    I know that feeling well, im particularly bad if people are watching.....playing to the crowd and all that. 🙂
    I`m not playing for the crowd. I`m playing for myself and for the result. But sometimes (like in this game) my aestheticism is getting upper hand over my practicality 🙂
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 11:45
    Awesome well played korchy boy 🙂
  6. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 02:30
    ...Were you planning to sac on h6 from move 14-15ish or was it something you saw on that move?
    In these Bishop Opening games, playing an early ...h6 is often a long-term positional liability. I bet Korch already was preparing for the possibility of a sacrifice on the h6-square the moment Black played this on the seventh move.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree