1. Joined
    25 Aug '10
    Moves
    30 Oct '10 18:49
    im off shortly this place is full of the same creeps i met on the board. only worse and its not for money !!
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    30 Oct '10 19:04
  3. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    30 Oct '10 19:53
    No one believes you make money playing otb.

Adios amigo.
  4. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 00:08
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 02:431 edit
    Originally posted by mikemouse666
    im off shortly this place is full of the same creeps i met on the board. only worse and its not for money !!
    I have thought about this post for some time, as it concerned me, and I think the only way to learn is to ask some questions, if you are inclined to indulge me!

Here's my speculation based on what little I know:

1. The "sad males" reference suggests a female author. I could easily be wrong, and it may not matter, but it could matter.

2. The issues bother you enough to quit, and you were motivated to share your displeasure publicly on the forum, so I assume you were looking for some kind of response- although I could be wrong here, and you may have just wanted to vent publicly.

3. This could be "chess decorum" based, or it could be based purely on the lack of social interaction skills of others, and chess is merely incidental- although your observations about similar behavior in multiple chess venues may suggest a pattern or connection.

Is there anything you could share that would be appropriate and comfortable for you to share? I've met lots of nice people here, but every interaction experience is as unique as we are, so experiences don't automatically translate.

Thanks for your time either way!

Paul Leggett
  6. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 03:33
    What up my friend? What they did to you? I can't figure it out how they can upset you that much since they probably cannot touch you at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree