1. washington
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 02:14
    i played this game against a pretty good opponent. i'm not too familiar with blacks play when white pawn storms the kingside and queenside castles. i thought i played a great game but came up short. can anyone help me analyzing this? Game 2547179 the game is still in progress and i'm in a losing position so dont comment on any further than i am. but this was fun no matter what the outcome i hope i can learn from this.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 02:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. cavanaugh park
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 03:01
    sorry i didnt look at it much, i dont think Qb6 that early is the best, and then to follow it up with Qc7 is def not good, ill try to look more later...
  4. washington
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 03:19
    those moves were book moves. lol
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 03:32

6. washington
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 03:33
    i thought about it but thought i could overcome it. thats mainly the downfall of all my sicilian games is that i dont castle and then i get stuck in the middle and get raped.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 03:35

8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 18:28
    Originally posted by kmac27
    i played this game against a pretty good opponent. i'm not too familiar with blacks play when white pawn storms the kingside and queenside castles. i thought i played a great game but came up short. can anyone help me analyzing this? Game 2547179 the game is still in progress and i'm in a losing position so dont comment on any further than i am. but this was fun no matter what the outcome i hope i can learn from this.
    I don't think knowledge of opening or middlegame stratagy would have helped you much here as what really stabbed you in the back was missing the strong tactics of your opponent and losing material. The kingside pawn storm is certainly a threat, but I think you were dealing with it fairly well. You need to practice recognizing potential tactics on the board--not only your own, but your opponent's as well. And if you come up with any good study ideas for this sort of thing, let me know--I often throw games that way too.
  9. washington
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 18:42
    i heard from some of my friends on rhp that my queen move to e5 or whatever was bad and after i noticed that i realized that that may have cost me the game. i felt i played good in the opening and middle game but i just made a tactical mistake. i am fairly strong with tactics but i was just so excited at how i was handling the game i got antsy and made a move too quick.
  10. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 18:571 edit
    Originally posted by kmac27
    I did not like your plan of Nbd7 and d5 while your King is still on e8. I do not have chessbase/fritz so I cannot point to a specific game but it appears as if black is the loser if he does this. Why not Nc5 instead of d5?

If you are intent on d5, then b4 first chasing his knight could have been better than the course of the game.
  11. washington
    Moves
    01 Oct '06 02:45
    thanks Nc5 never came mind but that pawn move but i was preparing an attack on his pawns before i played that. maybe i should have done it the other way around. thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree