1. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 18:05
    I like 3...Nd7 because it gives better control of e5... I've had success with it, it seems passive at first, but the goal is to chase the bishop away then develop with tempo, usually getting a similar set-up as the Najdorf
  2. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 18:451 edit
    Originally posted by MoneyMaker7
    I don't understand you. You're a 1600 player, no doubt a mediocre amateur, yet you talk like your an experienced master. I think anyone who asks for advice and listens to you will be lead far astray and be unable to follow their own ideas.

How can (dare) you mark decent chess moves with a ? and a ?!

"a) 3...Nc6? leads to 4.Bxc6+...bxc6 which lumbe re in no place to be offering ideas with your attitude to other players.
    Calm down, petal.

Edit:
    Maybe I should listen to you, after looking at your ratings graph.
    What rating are you anyway?
    1800?
    2500?
    3000?

It's almost impossible to say...
  3. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 18:472 edits
    I don't understand you. You're a 1600 player, no doubt a mediocre amateur, yet you talk like your an experienced master. I think anyone who asks for advice and listens to you will be lead far astray and be unable to follow their own ideas.

How can (dare) you mark decent chess moves with a ? and a ?!

"a) 3...Nc6? leads to 4.Bxc6+...bxc6 which lumbe re in no place to be offering ideas with your attitude to other players.
    Thats harsh! 😳
    MM may have a point but it was not put in a very polite way!

Keep putting your opinions across Squelchy!
    Wrong ot right 🙂
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 19:043 edits
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer
    Thats harsh! 😳
    MM may have a point but it was not put in a very polite way!

Keep putting your opinions across Squelchy!
    Wrong ot right 🙂
    Well (s)he didn't really offer any analysis him/herself - just posted the usual bile that I've come to expect from one of the least useful people on the site, after jumping on the back of "an experienced players" earlier post.

Remember - this is the same Moneymaker7 that enlightened us all by posting "playing the gambit against a computer won't be effective" well, gee - thanks for that remarkable insight!
    Playing a gambit opening against Kramnik might fail too I suppose...
    🙄

In contrast, I've posted around 15 games on here with extensive notes based on my own (albeit limited) anaylsis & understanding of the game.

Don't worry - I won't be chased out of the forums by a 55 year old bloke with bad skin, masquerading as a GM/cheerleader.
  5. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '07 20:51
    I'm tired of you people always resorting to sexual harrassment whenever you get pawned. Just because I'm a female and I'm blonde you people think I'm some old fat man. I'm just trying to play chess here and criticize idiots, nothin much else.

You idiots talk about improvement and books and how to use your computer to help your chess all day, hanging around this place and sharing your stupid ideas like you've got a clue. Then you come here and share your flawed analysis and crap to everyone and show off games you won against higher rated players, as if you were that high rated yourself. You're never going to get anywhere in chess, face it.
  6. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 05:141 edit
    I'm tired of you people always resorting to sexual harrassment whenever you get pawned. Just because I'm a female and I'm blonde you people think I'm some old fat man. I'm just trying to play chess here and criticize idiots, nothin much else.

You idiots talk about improvement and books and how to use your computer to help your chess all day, hanging a you were that high rated yourself. You're never going to get anywhere in chess, face it.
    More worthless bile...

The only thing a newbie would learn from you is how to jump on the back of criticism from others.

You levelled-out at around 1300 only a few weeks ago for about 30 games before your meteoric rating rise - now you post as if you're the final word on all things chess! Game 3885186

Obviously you have issues, but please don't try to drag everyone else down to your level.
  7. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:11

You idiots talk about improvement and books and how to use your computer to help your chess all day, hanging a ...[text shortened]... you were that high rated yourself. You're never going to get anywhere in chess, face it.
    Why are you so hostile? 😳
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:164 edits
    I'm just trying to play chess here and criticize idiots, nothin much else...
    You idiots talk about improvement...
    Ok.
    I'll try to help you.
    Here's a game you played recently as black which finished at the beginning of this month (excuse me if my analysis isn't much better than your playing!)

Game 3894846
    dontwantto (1181)
    moneymaker7 (1715)

1.e4...c5
    2.Bc4?!

This is not particularly great. "Newbies" often use this as a hack against the f7 square. This Bc4 should be kicked out with ...e6 then ...d5 which leaves black with a superb early position.
    I wrote a thread on how to combat the 2.Bc4 Sicilian which may have helped you

2...Nc6
    3.d3...a6?

Black fails to deal with the threat & allows white to develop a basic attack
    4.Nf3...b5
    5.Bd5

It should be fairly obvious even to a 1200 player what the threat is here! A simple 5...e6 would cure the threat, although after 6.Bxc6...dxc6 black's pawn structure has obvious weaknesses.
    5...Bb7?
    Oh dear, yet again the blatantly obvious threat is ignored...
    6.Ng5...Nf6??
    Do you see a pattern here?

white to move # in 1

6...e6 must be played because of 7.Bxf7#
    7.Nxf7?...Qc7 well spotted by black even though white missed the chance to win on move 7
    8.Nxh8...c4?
    8...Nxd5, 9.exd5...Nd4 looks much better to me here
    9.Bf7+...Kd8
    10.dxc4 opens the d-file for the Q ...e6? ...e6 would have been fine played about 6 or 7 move ago! 10...Nxe4 lor 10...bxc4 look better here though the game is lost
    11.Bxe6! simple Q pin prevents ...dxe6

black resigns
    1-0

Glad you have improved over the last couple of weeks
    🙂
  9. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:221 edit
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Ok.
    I'll try to help you.
    Here's a game you played recently as black which finished at the beginning of this month (excuse me if my analysis isn't much better than your playing!)

Game 3894846
    dontwantto (1181)
    moneymaker7 (1715)

[b]1.e4...c5
    2.Bc4?!

This is not particularly great. "Newbies" often use this as a hack against the f simple Q pin prevents ...dxe6

🙂[/b]
    I dont see anything wrong with 3...a6 and 5...Bb7 - after 6..e6 (instead of 6...Nf6???) black would have been ok.

But I must agree - black did play simply horrible.
  10. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:24
    Originally posted by Korch
    I dont see anything wrong with 3...a6 and 5...Bb7 - after 6..e6 (instead of 6...Nf6???) black would have been ok.
    How would you judge black's play overall in that game on a scale of 1-10
    1 being a patzer & 10 being strong
  11. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:262 edits
    How would you judge black's play overall in that game on a scale of 1-10
    1 being a patzer & 10 being strong
  12. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:28
    Ok.
    I'll try to help you.

Game 3894846
    dontwantto (1181)
    moneymaker7 (1715)

[b]1.e4...c5
    2.Bc4?!

This is not particularly great. "Newbies" often use this as a hack against the f ...[text shortened]... ...dxe6

black resigns
    1-0

🙂[/b]
    What a lowsy game alround

However Squelchy I have tried to back you up in previous posts but I don't neseccarily agree with some of your comments in the last game you showed.

3...a6 is not a blunder and is a viable option (if not necessarily the best).

5...Bb7 is actually the best move in the position not a bad move as you stated.

After 6.Ng5 obviously Black should play 6...e6 after which Black is in my opinion at lest equal!

How anyone could have made moves like 6...Nf6 and missing 7.Bxf7 mate is beyond me.
  13. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:30
    Originally posted by Korch

But I must agree - black did play simply horrible.
    Korch you stole my thunder we must have been typing the same thing at the same time and you posted before me, just saying as I don't want ayone to think I was just repeating what Mr Korch said.
  14. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:33
    Originally posted by najdorfslayer
    Korch you stole my thunder we must have been typing the same thing at the same time and you posted before me, just saying as I don't want ayone to think I was just repeating what Mr Korch said.
    Happens 🙂
  15. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '07 07:42
    I much prefer ...e6 on moves 3, 4 & indeed 5.
    It relieves the tension from the position in my opinion.
    5.Bd5...e6
    6.Bxc6...dxc6
    looks fine to me for both.

I accept (unlike others) that I may be wrong though - after all this is only after scant analysis by a 1550-1600 player.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree