1. Joined
    18 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 15:28
    Hey, guys! I was wondering what is your opinion on the Sicilian Sveshnikov (1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e5), whether you play this opening or not.
  2. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 15:52
    I am willing to play it against weaker players. I've had good success against it on the white side, though it wasn't easy as it is highly tactical with lots of potential targets for both sides to exploit. But I think white is usually better off, more so than against the Najdorf.
  3. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 18:41
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    I am willing to play it against weaker players. I've had good success against it on the white side, though it wasn't easy as it is highly tactical with lots of potential targets for both sides to exploit. But I think white is usually better off, more so than against the Najdorf.
    I think the Najdorf is better as well.
  4. Sydney
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 08:07
    I have added it to my repertoire as an alternative to the dragon, i'm using it almost exclusively (or an early e5 variation of it) as my response to e4 on RHP. My early games were disastrous but i've got a feel for it now.

It's not quite as explosive as some of the other Sicilian's but it provides a nice variation. Openings are largely a matter of taste .. give it a go for 30 or so games and see if you like it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree