1. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 17:17
    After my skull proportion thread it occurred to me to follow up what happened to the opponents who've beaten me while I've been on OTB.

So far I've lost 4 games out of 40 completed. 2 of the people who beat me have subsequently been banned.

50% of losses to players who went on to be banned. How does that proportion compare to RHPers in general?
  2. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 18:40
    I have lost to quite a few banned players too. But most of my losses are for my own blunders rather then me trying really hard and still getting convincingly beaten.
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 19:25
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    I have lost to quite a few banned players too. But most of my losses are for my own blunders rather then me trying really hard and still getting convincingly beaten.
    That seems quite a high percentage.

I have played about 30 games against players who have subsequently been banned (plus many more against players I expect one day will be banned) winning or drawing a few but generally being comprehensively destroyed.
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 19:34
    I think I only have 2 against Opaline User 295081
    Comprehensive losses well over a year ago in 17 & 19 moves. That is about what I'd guess as an intermediate against an engine on full whack.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree