Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 24 Dec '06 05:28
    i read one what do u thin of his books?
  2. 24 Dec '06 05:29
    Originally posted by richfeet
    i read one what do u thin of his books?
    Everyone likes them.
  3. 24 Dec '06 05:43
    DO NOT BUY HIS COMPLETE BOOK OF CHESS STRATEGY!

    everything else mostly is fine, AND HE HAS AN ENDGAME BOOK COMING OUT IN EARLY 2007!

    i got his autograph!
  4. 24 Dec '06 05:44
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    DO NOT BUY HIS COMPLETE BOOK OF CHESS STRATEGY!

    everything else mostly is fine, AND HE HAS AN ENDGAME BOOK COMING OUT IN EARLY 2007!

    i got his autograph!
    I agree, the Complete book of Chess Strategy is a waste of money, but Amatuers Mind and Reassess Your Chess are excellent books.
  5. 24 Dec '06 05:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zebano
    I agree, the Complete book of Chess Strategy is a waste of money, but Amatuers Mind and Reassess Your Chess are excellent books.
    read Reassess first, or you won't understand half the stuff he talks about in Amateur's Mind

    definately buy:
    http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/chess_books/How+to+Reassess+Your+Chess%3A+The+Complete+Chess-Mastery+Course

    good buys:
    http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/chess_books/The+Amatuer%27s+Mind%3A+Turning+Chess+Misconceptions+into+Chess+Mastery
    &
    http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/chess_books/The+Reassess+Your+Chess+Workbook

    DO NOT BUY:
    http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/chess_books/The+Complete+Book+of+Chess+Strategy%3A+Grandmaster+Techniques+from+A+to+Z
  6. 24 Dec '06 05:54
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    read Reassess first, or you won't understand half the stuff he talks about in Amateur's Mind

    definately buy:
    http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/chess_books/How+to+Reassess+Your+Chess%3A+The+Complete+Chess-Mastery+Course

    good buys:
    http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/chess_books/The+Amatuer%27s+Mind%3A+Turning+Chess+Misconceptions+into+Chess+Mastery ...[text shortened]... om/chess/chess_books/The+Complete+Book+of+Chess+Strategy%3A+Grandmaster+Techniques+from+A+to+Z
    Isn't it the other way around? Amateur's Mind is meant to be read first, he says so actually.

    Actually he says read the first 17 pages of RAYC then read AM then read the rest of RAYC.
  7. 24 Dec '06 05:56
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Isn't it the other way around? Amateur's Mind is meant to be read first, he says so actually.

    Actually he says read the first 17 pages of RAYC then read AM then read the rest of RAYC.
    really? that's kinda strange considering that Reassess was published first... I think
  8. Standard member HomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    24 Dec '06 06:40 / 1 edit
    I would pass on HTRYC and just get The Amateurs Mind, he says basically the same thing in both, but in the Amateurs mind he highlights the key points, and if you read them both like I did, you get the feeling that both could have been combined into one book as theres so much overlap, I really dont think there's any 1 concept exclusive to either book

    I read them both and it felt like I read 1 book twice, perhaps he was just trying to make extra $
  9. 25 Dec '06 04:39
    Originally posted by zebano
    I agree, the Complete book of Chess Strategy is a waste of money, but Amatuers Mind and Reassess Your Chess are excellent books.
    i got his book Reassess your chess today its very good and i would have to say its one of the best chess books i ever had!!!