Skeeter & greenpawn vs world

Skeeter & greenpawn vs world

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Who do you consider an honest player? Run their numbers... you may be surprised.
Answer the question please:

Honest players below GM level?

EDIT: Your statement was: I believe there are honest players that can obtain those numbers.

"Those" numbers are the ones generated by Skeeter on RHP.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jan 12

It's not the mach-up system used by RHP... that much I know. You can prove that for yourself... run some numbers.
RHP doesn't even have a match up system anymore. The mods have gone.

Why am i having to back up your statement?! You made the claim so the the onus is on you to substantiate it.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
RHP doesn't even have a match up system anymore. The mods have gone.

Why am i having to back up your statement?! You made the claim so the the onus is on you to substantiate it.
All I can offer is what I've offered so far. 60 first and 85 third choice were not the criteria for removal, just further investigation.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
Answer the question please:

Honest players below GM level?

EDIT: Your statement was: I believe there are honest players that can obtain those numbers.

"Those" numbers are the ones generated by Skeeter on RHP.
Skeeter was not removed for engine use. Some say she did use, others say she didn't.

How was that batch selected? Was it a random pull... was it 20 high matching games out of 90 ran? I don't know. Do you?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 12
1 edit

Skeeter was not removed for engine use. Some say she did use, others say she didn't.

How was that batch selected? Was it a random pull... was it 20 high matching games out of 90 ran? I don't know. Do you?
It was her last 20 games (before November 2010 when SB/Z ran it) against 2000+ with over 20 non-database moves. That seems like a fair sample; no game meeting that criteria was excluded. A few of the games had matchups significantly lower than those of a suspicious nature. Most were 90% or above, however.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

It was her last 20 games (before November 2010 when SB/Z ran it) against 2000+ with over 20 non-database moves. That seems like a fair sample; no game meeting that criteria was excluded. A few of the games had matchups significantly lower than those of a suspicious nature. Most were 90% or above, however.
She did have that sticky note telling herself to watch for danger...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jan 12

She did have that sticky note telling herself to watch for danger...
I wish I had a sticky note that said "Don't put your Queen on the same diagonal as your King when the other guy still has his Bishop". Game 7856460

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jan 12

All I can offer is what I've offered so far. 60 first and 85 third choice were not the criteria for removal, just further investigation.
You stated you believed honest players could achieve those numbers, as of yet i have seen no data from you to back up that claim.

I have no doubt 60 first and 85 third were not the criteria for removal, but judging by what people have said in this thread and the other which was closed i get the impression that criteria could be the reason the game mod team no longer exists.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

You stated you believed honest players could achieve those numbers, as of yet i have seen no data from you to back up that claim.

I have no doubt 60 first and 85 third were not the criteria for removal, but judging by what people have said in this thread and the other which was closed i get the impression that criteria could be the reason the game mod team no longer exists.
I think it should remain a big mystery.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

I wish I had a sticky note that said "Don't put your Queen on the same diagonal as your King when the other guy still has his Bishop". Game 7856460
Or castle ASAP

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jan 12

I think it should remain a big mystery.
And that says it all.

w

on your backrank!

Moves
16 Jan 12

please excuse my ignorance. what is a game mod team?

Z

Moves
16 Jan 12

Match rates aren't the whole story.
60/75/85% top 1/2/3 matches as I said before is the extreme upper end of human achievable engine-like play.
Other things like tell-tale ski-slope ratings graph, gameload, win/draw ratio compared to losses, real-world credentials (or lack thereof) & stable lowish rating then "eureka" moment can all come into question.
Other sites use a page view log which records a users activities whilst on the site. This can provide crucial circumstantial evidence to back the match rate data, which will always be the single biggest factor in cases where you want to find out if someone is using an engine on a regular basis.

I've been doing this for years, and whilst far from the highest rates I've found, skeeter's results - when you take her complete lack of credentials into account - should have meant a ban.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by Zygalski
Match rates aren't the whole story.
60/75/85% top 1/2/3 matches as I said before is the extreme upper end of human achievable engine-like play.
Other things like tell-tale ski-slope ratings graph, gameload, win/draw ratio compared to losses, real-world credentials (or lack thereof) & stable lowish rating then "eureka" moment can all come into question.
O ...[text shortened]... s - when you take her complete lack of credentials into account - should have meant a ban.
Is 30 seconds with 12 min /16 max depth the standard?

S

Moves
16 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Zygalski
[b]Match rates aren't the whole story......
Other sites use a page view log which records a users activities whilst on the site. This can provide crucial circumstantial evidence to back the match rate data, which will always be the single biggest factor in cases where you want to find out if someone is using an engine on a regular basis.

I've been doing t y ignorance. What sorts of "...activites whilst on the site..." would indicate machine usage?