1. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 13:52
    Does anybody here play it regularly. And would you like an unrated friendly game, with me playing black so that I can talk it through with you, give myself something to respond to d4 with once the league season starts in September?
  2. under your bed
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 16:41
    Have you binned the KID then?
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 17:07
    No, KIA and Scando. looking for something to respond to d2-d4. I am occasionally trying KID against it, based on what I've learnt for KIA. Would you suggest I stick with KID for d2-d4?

Your other advice has been a great help, and I'm comfortable with white and with responding to king pawn openings as black now. Though prefer the accepted scandinavian rather than the declined.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    No, KIA and Scando. looking for something to respond to d2-d4. I am occasionally trying KID against it, based on what I've learnt for KIA. Would you suggest I stick with KID for d2-d4?

Your other advice has been a great help, and I'm comfortable with white and with responding to king pawn openings as black now. Though prefer the accepted scandinavian rather than the declined.
    IMO one of the keys to playing the KID is knowing whether to break on e5 or c5. This depends largely on how many, and which pawns white has pushed to the centre. 🙂
  5. under your bed
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 18:48
    You could just play the classical nbd2 kid which is a more passive but u can force through e5 like yer kia, except 4 pawn attack which generally require an early c5.
  6. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 20:11
    If you are good tactically and enjoy a good fight the KID is very good. It's often a race with white attacking on the queenside and black on the kingside. If white gets through he wins material but if black gets through it's mate.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 22:191 edit
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    Does anybody here play it regularly. And would you like an unrated friendly game, with me playing black so that I can talk it through with you, give myself something to respond to d4 with once the league season starts in September?
    I haven't had much experience with the Slav Defense, but I usually lose with it when I play it OTB. However, Ruben Fine reccommends it as a way to get the queen bishop out and obtain an equal position, which is all I hope for as Black. If I could play as good as him, it might work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree