1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 13:28
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    I am a huge fan of solitaire chess- a few thoughts.

1) starting from the opening is a bit questionable since there are so many alternative but decent moves. Far better to start from the first critical position in the game.

2) I typed nxf3 instead of Nxf3 and it didnt recognize it...
    Also, it doesn't recognise long algebraic instead of short. I tried Nf3xd4, and it wasn't accepted. Coding for English notation would go a bit far, but I would expect both forms of algebraic to work.

Have Euwe's "Chess without a board" books been translated into English? They're something very similar.

Richard
  2. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 00:42
    It might be nice to have unique id's and then be able to track historical scores in games.

You might be able to create elo ratings based on how many people get a particular move correct etc.. granted since these are published games people could cheat- but in general it might be nice to know if 80% missed move X etc.
  3. Joined
    25 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 09:47
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    It might be nice to have unique id's and then be able to track historical scores in games.

You might be able to create elo ratings based on how many people get a particular move correct etc.. granted since these are published games people could cheat- but in general it might be nice to know if 80% missed move X etc.
    Hi,

Updates on passionforchess.com

1) added signup and login
    2) Now, games played will be tracked in archive with ranking.You can add comments for moves.

let me know what you think. I am planning to
    - keep track of moves guessed by user in a game
    - discussion of moves (any suggestions on implementation??)
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 14:031 edit
    Originally posted by vishyanand
    discussion of moves (any suggestions on implementation??)
    You've got the blog running off Wordpress so you must have a MySQL database hidden away there. You could easily store all of the discussions for each move in that database and just display them according to which move is being shown on the board.

Also, the design of the site could do with a bit of work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree