I have some questions relative to the ChessBase 12 Mega package (I'm not sure if it's the correct name).
It seems to be a pretty famous software so I hope some people here will have it and be able to answer my questions.
1. Does it act like a games database / opening explorer?
Exactly just like this games database: http://www.365chess.com/opening.php
And this one: http://chessok.com/?page_id=352
(of course if the answer to that question is no, then the answers to all the other questions will also be no, so I hope the answer to that question is yes)
2. Is it possible to customize the columns that are displayed?
For example here http://www.365chess.com/opening.php the columns are:
Next Move /// Number of Games /// Last Played /// Winnings percentage for White /// Draw percentage /// Winnings percentage for Black
While here http://chessok.com/?page_id=352 the columns are:
Move /// Eval. /// Games /// W/won /// B/won /// Draws /// W/ELO /// B/ELO /// Year
Because having a lot of useless columns really confuses me and make me waste a lot of time. I would only like to have 5 columns:
Next move /// Percentage of games that continues with that move /// White scores in % /// White's average rating /// Black's average rating
No other column. (the two last columns are not that important, I wouldn't care if there was no option to put these)
But the most important column that I want to have is the last one: how much White scores in %. This is not to be confused by the winning percentage of White. It's the winning percentage of White plus half of the drawing percentage.
I personally think it's much better than having 3 separate columns (W/won /// B/won /// Draws) because you can instantly compare how different moves score.
3. Is it then possible to sort the millions of games to only display games that were (for example) played between opponents no less than 1660 Elo and no more than 2325 Elo?
4. Is it possible to sort the games to only display games were Black was Karpov? (for example)
5. Could you also give me a few screenshots of the games database part of the software?
If the answers to the first 4 questions are all yes, than I'll buy it for sure!
Thanks in advance for your answers