1. Standard memberDaphnes
    Rusty Veteran
    My happy place
    Moves
    19 May '07 00:59
    Game 3542829

Dislodgedabbie set up a vacation flag just before his impending downfall. Is he trying to keep his rating from going down until a certain point? I'd ask him directly, but I assume he won't be around until his "vacation" is over.

Does anyone else smell fish?
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 01:141 edit
    His profile says he'll be back on the 21st. If he wanted to delay the end he could just sit there and wait for fourteen days until his timebank runs out, so personally I think he is just letting his opponents know that he will be away for a few days.
  3. England
    Moves
    19 May '07 01:17
    Oh my god what kind of a weirdo goes away at the weekend. Yes, clearly you are the victim of of some underhand tactics.
  4. Standard memberDaphnes
    Rusty Veteran
    My happy place
    Moves
    19 May '07 01:181 edit
    Okay. Maybe it does have to do with other games besides mine, that may not be in the endgame.

Yeah Caba, I'm that paranoid. :p
  5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 01:29
    Originally posted by Daphnes
    Okay. Maybe it does have to do with other games besides mine, that may not be in the endgame.

Yeah Caba, I'm that paranoid. :p
    You're that paranoid? You'll fit in just fine here. 😀
  6. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 02:26
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    You're that paranoid? You'll fit in just fine here. 😀
    OOO.....so thats why i like it here....i never thought about it like that...
  7. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 May '07 12:02
    Originally posted by Daphnes
    Game 3542829

Dislodgedabbie set up a vacation flag just before his impending downfall. Is he trying to keep his rating from going down until a certain point? I'd ask him directly, but I assume he won't be around until his "vacation" is over.

Does anyone else smell fish?
    Definitely suspicious. Dislodgedabbie is obviously trying to protect that whopping rating.
  8. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 12:48
    Originally posted by demonseed
    Definitely suspicious. Dislodgedabbie is obviously trying to protect that whopping rating.
    Hmm, early on he invited 6.Qh5++, which White declined to play! Suspicious indeed. Now where's my tin-foil hat?
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    19 May '07 13:09
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    Hmm, early on he invited 6.Qh5++, which White declined to play! Suspicious indeed. Now where's my tin-foil hat?

there's a problem exactly like that on chess tactics server. I always thought it was far-fetched, and could never happen in a real game. now I know better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree