Sorry...

Sorry...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OP

liar.

Moves
03 Dec 06

Ummmm, I went to my homepage before and saw a skull on there. This is funny I thought to myself, so I wanted to see what it was and clicked it. I was REALLY busy at the time doing some other stuff, so wasn't really taking much notice. I just went yeah OK, as you do.

So yeah, I'm sorry if I timed you out, but it was an accident!!!
Is there any way of undoing this?

R

Moves
03 Dec 06

Originally posted by Orange Peel
Ummmm, I went to my homepage before and saw a skull on there. This is funny I thought to myself, so I wanted to see what it was and clicked it. I was REALLY busy at the time doing some other stuff, so wasn't really taking much notice. I just went yeah OK, as you do.

So yeah, I'm sorry if I timed you out, but it was an accident!!!
Is there any way of undoing this?
Why the apology? Your opponent didn't move in the agreed time, and you did the right thing to claim the win.

e

Moves
03 Dec 06

Well, he probably wanted to send a warning first and perhaps his opponent was on vacation.

R

Moves
03 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by exigentsky
Well, he probably wanted to send a warning first and perhaps his opponent was on vacation.
He wasn't on vacation, I just checked. Plus the game was barely out of the opening. At the very least he shouldn't feel guilty about it.

OP

liar.

Moves
03 Dec 06

Oh well, I just got a message tittled "loser", which is understandable.

I was enjoying that game too!!! I thought I had built up a small advantage in the opening(tying my opponent up a little), and was about to launch my attack.

L
5. f3

Moves
03 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Orange Peel
Oh well, I just got a message tittled "loser", which is understandable.

I was enjoying that game too!!! I thought I had built up a small advantage in the opening(tying my opponent up a little), and was about to launch my attack.
lol. timeouts are there for people to swear at you when you time them out.

I be on vacation and still accept to be timeout. If person i play against is generous enough he wont, but some dont for some reason and just timeout so its no problem. Its rule. Live with it.

A

Moves
03 Dec 06

I have to say that I find it irritating when you employ the rules of chess and some patzer get's mad at you. If they were on vacation; understandable. But, don't apologize to anyone for doing what was well within your rights (and ethical) for you to claim the win.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
03 Dec 06

Some people who normally move really slow taking 3 days per move seem to find time to move instantly when you are on vacation. How strange is that?

The solution! Don't set your vacation flag until the system is changed.