1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 22:391 edit
    I have my opponent completely defeated. So he starts checking me, and keeps checking me. I have no way to stop it. How unsportsmanlike, to do this when you are totally LOST!!
    Oh the humanity!
    Can I get some love and sympathy??
  2. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 22:48
    Sorry, no sympathy here. That is not a spite check,a spite check is one that just prolongs the game without changing the result.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Jan '14 22:50
    Originally posted by sundown316
    Sorry, no sympathy here. That is not a spite check,a spite check is one that just prolongs the game without changing the result.
    That's exactly what it is, he is checking me inspite of losing. How unsportsmanlike.
    Oh the pain, the pain. πŸ™
  4. Joined
    11 Jul '13
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 02:57
    cowboy,

If you cant stop him from checking you that means he is not defeated . you know better!!πŸ˜€
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 03:101 edit
    Originally posted by Dooma
    cowboy,

If you cant stop him from checking you that means he is not defeated . you know better!!πŸ˜€
    Oh the apathy!!
    Can I not get a shoulder to cry on?

Edit: DAMN!! The crying smiley doesn't work??
    AAAAaaaaaagggggggggg!!!
    Now I know how Tom Brady felt last Sunday. πŸ™

YouTube
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 05:441 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Oh the apathy!!

AAAAaaaaaagggggggggg!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVRAYHSSKg
    Maybe he's hoping for a stalemate. Don't know why he would think you would let that happen, because a good player always watches out for something like that. Still, even though the odds are not in his favor for a stalemate it never hurts to try. A 0.001% chance of winning (or not losing) is better than a 100% chance of losing.

The worst win for me ever (at a another game site) was when we both knew I was going to win, and he used the entire 30 day limit per move for each of the next 8 moves. After that I would only play for 3 days per move... occasionally 5 or 7, but never more than that.

Edit: The crying smiley stopped working after they moved to another server... so one more thing to cry about. :,(
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 08:37
    For the record:

CP is a joker.

He is well aware of the rules of the game.

This thread just mimicks the ones which frequently surface where people complain about the opponent playing to save a draw or just not giving up....
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 05:33
    Oh the apathy!!

AAAAaaaaaagggggggggg!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVRAYHSSKg
    Is he throwing pieces away or chasing you around the board? It didn't occur to me until after I logged off that it might be the latter. If so, and he can get the same position to occur three times or get you to agree to a draw, then it's not so hopeless for him. I can understand your frustration, but I would do the same thing if my position was hopeless.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 13:071 edit
    Yeah, you can have sympathy. You want it in thin slices or a big greasy sausage?

Edit: I see you've changed your avatar. This means someone might recognize you on the street. If you find a slice of baloney clinging to your visor, you'll know who tossed it.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 18:11
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    For the record:

CP is a joker.

He is well aware of the rules of the game.

This thread just mimicks the ones which frequently surface where people complain about the opponent playing to save a draw or just not giving up....
    I suspect he's doing both... having a bit of fun by taking a poke at complainers 😡 and blowing off some steam over a real predicament. 😞
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 15:29
    Hey! My opponent is attacking me! Is this allowed? Is this FAIR?? I'm sure there was nothing about this sort of thing in the FIDE rule book. Can I have the baloney back now please? C'mon CP, you've had it for over a week now. I want some too before it gets green fur growing on it.

And you changed your avatar again. You tryin' out new Photoshop plug-ins, or what?
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 17:05
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Hey! My opponent is attacking me! Is this allowed? Is this FAIR?? I'm sure there was nothing about this sort of thing in the FIDE rule book. Can I have the baloney back now please? C'mon CP, you've had it for over a week now. I want some too before it gets green fur growing on it.

And you changed your avatar again. You tryin' out new Photoshop plug-ins, or what?
    Here's some salami, I ran out of bologna. It happens to me, people cheat by out thinking me and thinking ahead too. πŸ™
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 17:25
    All this reminds me of a letter in Chess Life:
    Chess is a game. Cowards who want to memorize and calculate can't really play. If the system has rewarded them with high ratings and titles in the past, they are only fooling themselves.
    I have no idea if the guy was serious. πŸ™‚
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Feb '14 18:51
    Here's some salami, I ran out of bologna. It happens to me, people cheat by out thinking me and thinking ahead too. πŸ™
    Thinking? Wazzat? Never heard of it. Mebee some guy got hisself excommunicated from the Spirituality Forum and started a chess game by mistake.

Thanks for the salami. Let me know when you need it back.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 03:45
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    All this reminds me of a letter in Chess Life:
    Chess is a game. Cowards who want to memorize and calculate can't really play. If the system has rewarded them with high ratings and titles in the past, they are only fooling themselves.
    I have no idea if the guy was serious. πŸ™‚
    Sounds like a guy I know. πŸ˜•

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree