1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 00:08
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Here is my two cents: I believe that you can apply chess knowledge to RTS games... but you have to realize what the knowledge relates to.

In starcraft for example, you have a chance to "mature" your base, just like in chess you can choose to mature a Knight or a pawn, in Starcraft you can choose to go for certain technologies which may or may not giv ...[text shortened]... scouting is so important to the game... if you don't scout you are definitly relying on luck!
    HAHAHA.....

it is pretty much a proven Fact - you can take any two objects and make a comparision - I can plot a graph that clearly shows that "the lack of pirates" co-realates with "global warming" - of course, we all know pirates have nothing to do with it which mean its a meaningless graph

what I am trying to say is that i could provide examples of how anything and everything compares to chess in some small way - its how valid the comparison is which counts ....

in your link to starcraft i get the feeling you actually struggled to think of anything.....and How does "scouting" compare to chess when you consider the fact you ALLWAYS See your openants peices all through the game

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree