1. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 19:39
    I am currently in this game, my opponent is a 1500 player on this site,
    yet as you look over the game it is obvious that he is not playing like a 1500 or even a 1300 would be expected to play. Do you guys come across this phenomena a lot and if so, what does it usually indicate?
  2. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 19:401 edit
    Game 6385262

i guess you'll need this hehe
  3. The Smoke
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 19:44
    Originally posted by Big Orange Country
    Game 6385262

that's a game "in progress" for one, so no comments are allowed. secondly, why would you bother to begin with, just carry on playing, smash him/her to pieces and then have a beer to celebrate that.
  4. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 19:49
    Originally posted by Renars
    that's a game "in progress" for one, so no comments are allowed. secondly, why would you bother to begin with, just carry on playing, smash him/her to pieces and then have a beer to celebrate that.
    i assumed you're allowed to comment on the game so long as you are not providing any insight or help to either player? im not asking you to comment on my game, but rather on how players get such ratings when clearly they do not play to that expected calibur
  5. The Smoke
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 19:57
    i assumed you're allowed to comment on the game so long as you are not providing any insight or help to either player? im not asking you to comment on my game, but rather on how players get such ratings when clearly they do not play to that expected calibur
    we've all had "bad" days and "bad" games where just one mistake leads to another etc.. or some of us play while being drunk.. who knows.. don't think it would be appropriate to comment this, really...seriously, just carry on playing and then after the game's finished, PM the guy yourself..
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 20:04
    you can't compare ratings between different rating pools. it makes just as little sense as comparing BCF to USCF. 1500 here doesn't mean the same thing as 1500 on any other site. and as you just started, you can't possibly know what 1500 or 1300 were supposed to play like here.

a 1500 in BCF would be nothing less than a god.
  7. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 20:12
    Originally posted by wormwood
    you can't compare ratings between different rating pools. it makes just as little sense as comparing BCF to USCF. 1500 here doesn't mean the same thing as 1500 on any other site. and as you just started, you can't possibly know what 1500 or 1300 were supposed to play like here.

a 1500 in BCF would be nothing less than a god.
    ok i suppose that makes sense.
    i play blitz on uchess.com a lot, so im used to their rating standards
    though not much anymore because the server constantly disconnects me when i am 2-3 moves away from mating the guy... thats another story.
  8. Joined
    09 Aug '01
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 14:33
    opinion based on a singular observation point.

there must not be any black swans.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 15:29
    Game 6385262

I think this posting is an offence to his opponent player. It shows no respect to him, and therefore this entire thread should be deleted.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 17:02
    Game 6385262

Are you too weak a player to mate with Rook and King? Why pawn march?

P-
  11. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 17:23
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Are you too weak a player to mate with Rook and King? Why pawn march?

P-
    are you too dumb of a player to count ahead to discover that mate comes much faster with the promotion to queen/rook? maybe you should look at these kinds of things before you throw around insults. dumbass.
  12. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 18:071 edit
    are you too dumb of a player to count ahead to discover that mate comes much faster with the promotion to queen/rook? maybe you should look at these kinds of things before you throw around insults. dumbass.
    That's a very confident remark when you consider:

50. ... Rd3+ 51. Ke1 Re3 and black wins trivially in 4 moves.

Edit: "dumbass" 😛
  13. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 18:15
    Originally posted by Meadows
    That's a very confident remark when you consider:

50. ... Rd3+ 51. Ke1 Re3 and black wins trivially in 4 moves.

Edit: "dumbass" 😛
    I assumed jackass number 1 was referring to the time after I exchanged down. Now that jackass number two has backed up that far, yes, that is the easiest win. But the last time I checked, it doesn't matter how one wins. For me, it took much less thought to go my way, and I'd like to keep it that way. And that guy's a moderator on this site? I'm sure he scolds/forum bans people all the time for insulting others. Oh, the hipocrisy.
  14. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 18:231 edit
    I assumed jackass number 1 was referring to the time after I exchanged down. Now that jackass number two has backed up that far, yes, that is the easiest win. But the last time I checked, it doesn't matter how one wins. For me, it took much less thought to go my way, and I'd like to keep it that way. And that guy's a moderator on this site? I'm sure he scolds/forum bans people all the time for insulting others. Oh, the hipocrisy.
    "are you too dumb of a player to count ahead to discover that mate comes much faster with the promotion to queen/rook?" is a quote from one of your earlier posts. Please post a mating line (which includes promoting your pawn) that can mate in less than 8 moves.

Edit: From the final position!
  15. Joined
    04 Jun '09
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 18:41
    Originally posted by Meadows
    "are you too dumb of a player to count ahead to discover that mate comes much faster with the promotion to queen/rook?" is a quote from one of your earlier posts. Please post a mating line (which includes promoting your pawn) that can mate in less than 8 moves.

Edit: From the final position!
    from the final position, i can only find a mating line in exactly 8 moves.
    regardless of what white does,
    ... Re3
    ... Kd3
    ... Ke4
    ... d3
    ... d2
    ... d1=Q (+, depending on where the white king is)
    ... Qd2+
    ... Re1#

If I didn't make it clear in my last post, lemme try to restate myself.
    yes, Re3+ then Rd3 is the fastest winning line from a previous position. From the final position, I am right in that mate comes faster with promotion instead of the K and R mate jackass number 1 seemed to be advocating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree