1. Storforshei - Norway
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 11:47
    When it comes to studying openings and endgames, which program would you choose, Chessmaster 10 or Fritz 10? Anyone with any experience?
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 12:10
    Originally posted by yozim
    When it comes to studying openings and endgames, which program would you choose, Chessmaster 10 or Fritz 10? Anyone with any experience?
    Books are much better IMHO. Go to a library near you and borrow a few of these. Books by William Hartson, Yasser Seirawan etc are quite good. Alternatively find a chess club, join and then play OTB and borrow their books.
  3. Joined
    12 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 16:19
    Cm10 is better than Fritz on the subject of training, I think.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 16:27
    I have several versions of Fritz as well as the latest Chessmaster. I've been using Chessmaster for eighteeen years, and Fritz for five.

I use Fritz nearly every day, and Chessmaster about once per month. There is no comparison.
  5. Joined
    12 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 16:30
    I have both. I think I am not using my F9 to its full potential. How can a beginner benefit from Fritz?
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 16:39
    Originally posted by anthias
    I have both. I think I am not using my F9 to its full potential. How can a beginner benefit from Fritz?
    Play against it on sparring mode.

Practice "won" games against it: when Grandmasters resign, the position is lost, but usually some technique is required. Some games can be finished easily by beginners, but others (though won) still require a bit of skill to finish.

Use it to analyze your games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree