1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 20:04
    Has anyone got this book? I was thinking of buying it... and how does it compare to the 'Complete Sveshnikov Sicilian' by Yakovich?
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 20:22
    The only reason I own it is because it was $6 at half price books. I have never played the sveshnikov, but certain club players play it against me regularily. That said, I focus so little of my study on the opening that I havn't cracked the cover since it left the store. My initial thoughts were that it covered tons of variation yet contained annotations aplenty, a big bonus in my mind.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 20:32
    Originally posted by zebano
    The only reason I own it is because it was $6 at half price books. I have never played the sveshnikov, but certain club players play it against me regularily. That said, I focus so little of my study on the opening that I havn't cracked the cover since it left the store. My initial thoughts were that it covered tons of variation yet contained annotations aplenty, a big bonus in my mind.
    My main problem with the Yakovich book was that it didn't cover 'refutations' of inferior replies well enough for my liking...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree