Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 30 Jan '06 20:04
    Has anyone got this book? I was thinking of buying it... and how does it compare to the 'Complete Sveshnikov Sicilian' by Yakovich?
  2. 30 Jan '06 20:22
    The only reason I own it is because it was $6 at half price books. I have never played the sveshnikov, but certain club players play it against me regularily. That said, I focus so little of my study on the opening that I havn't cracked the cover since it left the store. My initial thoughts were that it covered tons of variation yet contained annotations aplenty, a big bonus in my mind.
  3. 30 Jan '06 20:32
    Originally posted by zebano
    The only reason I own it is because it was $6 at half price books. I have never played the sveshnikov, but certain club players play it against me regularily. That said, I focus so little of my study on the opening that I havn't cracked the cover since it left the store. My initial thoughts were that it covered tons of variation yet contained annotations aplenty, a big bonus in my mind.
    My main problem with the Yakovich book was that it didn't cover 'refutations' of inferior replies well enough for my liking...