1. Joined
    06 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 04:22
    I just lost a game on icc and the biggest mistake on my part which played a great part in my opponents victory was that i did not see a powerful exchange sacrifice on d6 which game him a rather solid positional advantage.

Anyway, i did not see the tactics which led to the positional disadvantage so was my blunder more tactical or positional in nature?
  2. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 04:53
    Yes.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 13:31
    wow. now that IS an interesting discussion. excellent thread.
  4. Joined
    05 Aug '07
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 13:50
    You probably didn't see the tactic because you failed to appreciate the positional advantage it would give your opponent.Therefore I'd say the mistake was more of a positional nature.
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 13:54
    Originally posted by Furling
    I just lost a game on icc and the biggest mistake on my part which played a great part in my opponents victory was that i did not see a powerful exchange sacrifice on d6 which game him a rather solid positional advantage.

Anyway, i did not see the tactics which led to the positional disadvantage so was my blunder more tactical or positional in nature?
    although a tactic is usually defined as winning (or not losing, as in 'only saving move'😉 material, I'd be inclined to say your mistake was more tactical in its nature. you should have at least considered the exchange sac in tactical sense. that is, if you didn't see it coming. -if you saw it, but underestimated the danger in the resulting position, the mistake was more positional, I think.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree