1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 04:27
    I regularly use chesstempo.com, but for some reason my tactics have been really off for months. I've struggled to maintain a 1600 tactics rating. But all of a sudden, i log on today and do 60 puzzles and get 56 right!

What is that all about?

Do other people find that they get a day where they can just see the right move in just about any position, only for the very next day to be right back in patzer land? I just can't work it out. It's 4.30 am, my mind should be half asleep, normally if i played at this sort of time i'd be blundering all over the place..😕
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 04:52
    Tactis training don't take into account the style and strategy of another person. They're just analyzations of arbitrary positions. Analyzing puzzles can help sharpen your mind and give you better chess vision, yes; but it's kinda like studying a book of sex positions thinking it will make you better in the sac. It all really just comes down to experience.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 05:211 edit
    By the way, Marink: your round 1 tournement game (in September) against fogie: nice. Gotta commend you on that one.
  4. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 05:28
    I have been having trouble with this site lately. All the text is off. It is just a bunch of brackets. If i get the problem wrong, I can't see what I did to mess it up. Anyone else experienceing this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree