Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 13 May '10 05:58 / 1 edit
    I realize it is CC but come on. Is it that dead?
  2. 13 May '10 06:11
    ok I got some games. Even a strong one. No big deal. Move on.
  3. 13 May '10 07:45
    The site is far from dead with around 35000 active players. If you want a quick game put an offer on Open Invites with a 1 day timeout and a small timebank, it will soon get picked up.
  4. 13 May '10 10:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Driven by ANGER
    I realize it is CC but come on. Is it that dead?
    Greetings! I can play you.

I apologise in advance though, I cant play seriously until tomorrow after lunch as I shall be in class.

....wait a second. I could play IN-CLASS (as this site isnt blocked by WebMarshall)

Sweet! I'll see you tomorrow!

edit:
    This player is already playing their self imposed maximum concurrent games (0)

Um. Okay. NO means NO then.
  5. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    13 May '10 12:01
    Originally posted by Tiwaking
    classic! 😵
  6. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    13 May '10 13:53
    Why so angry?!
  7. 13 May '10 14:21
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Why so angry?!
    Because he can't get a game. 😛
  8. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    13 May '10 15:07
    Originally posted by Tiwaking
    edit:
    Now that's entertainment!
  9. 13 May '10 15:26
    When I started here some years ago, I had no difficulties to fill the 6 slots of games.
    Why have others that problem? I cannot imagine.
  10. Standard member ua41
    Sharp Edge
    13 May '10 15:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When I started here some years ago, I had no difficulties to fill the 6 slots of games.
    Why have others that problem? I cannot imagine.
    I had a hard time getting games as a provisional. When that was done, though, I had no problems filling up the slots. I think the p is a little bit too intimidating as it doesn't necessarily reflect their playing level.
  11. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    13 May '10 17:22
    Originally posted by ua41
    I had a hard time getting games as a provisional. When that was done, though, I had no problems filling up the slots. I think the p is a little bit too intimidating as it doesn't necessarily reflect their playing level.
    roughly 99.99% of provisionals never finish their games. 90% never come back after the day they join. the hanging games they leave behind to rot are probably the main reason people don't take the challenges. but the more they finish games the more people will trust them. it's just something you need to work through first.
  12. 13 May '10 18:45
    When I started I played other provisional players. Had no problems getting games.

If you really want to play, try getting into an arguement with someone like Wulebgr who will demand satisfaction on the chess board.
  13. 13 May '10 18:57
    I only wanted a few games so I changed the settings to decline any challenges. It's just that I was sitting and staring at my computer screen last night waiting for a game and I got frustrated. I'm calm now.
  14. Subscriber C J Horse
    A stable personality
    14 May '10 08:36
    I only wanted a few games
    As a non-subscriber you can only have a maximum of six in progress.
  15. 14 May '10 11:52
    I only wanted a few games so I changed the settings to decline any challenges. It's just that I was sitting and staring at my computer screen last night waiting for a game and I got frustrated. I'm calm now.
    So the user name is apt?