taking a skull

taking a skull

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
08 Nov 10

Yes under normal circumstances always crunch the skull.

If this was my site and you had your skull clicked, next you logged on you
would get met with a playful tune and a moving pic of a skull getting squished.

But this one is not normal circumstances.
Even I can see it would be an itsy witsy wee bit unfair to take the game.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
09 Nov 10

I normally click a skull the minute I spot one.
I do have one game I've not taken the skull, as it is just an off hand game, and the fellow I am playing is a good player, and nothing in my opinion has been established on the board as of yet.
If it were a clan or tournament game, I would have clicked it two months ago.

Greenpawn is a handsome devil too BTW 🙂

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
11 Nov 10

Always click on skulls! Your opponent knows the time controls going into the game. If your opponent violates those controls, they should expect to lose. Explain to them it's nothing personal...just your enforcment of the rules.

Moves
11 Nov 10

Originally posted by kaminsky
my opponent waited from may to october for me to make my next move( took a break) ,is it wrong to take his skull after 4 days .
It may be a good deed. Skulling is useful negative reinforcement for less-than-courteous behavior (it is also uncourteous to fail to aquaint oneself with the rules of this site.) It is good of you to let someone know that their action/inaction gives the appearance of disregard for the feeling of others, so they can learn to be more considerate, like telling you they are too busy for the next week. Send an email saying this, then immediately skull him. It may make him a better site member, to be reminded that his action/inaction has consequences for others, even if they are minor. A tiny lesson, taught cheaply for all concerned.

H

Moves
13 Nov 10

Still resisting? what a gent!

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
13 Nov 10

In all fairness the board is not looking too kindly for him ...it looks likely he's recognised this fact and is reluctant to move...kill the game !! As a side note this may well bring your timeout wins to nigh on 20% 😛