1. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 15:49
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I thought both players played well but blacks last move is a clear blunder! Whites e-pawn marches to promotion on the spot after the exchange of rooks..
    yes either the "c" pawn or the "f" pawn. Too bad Jobava blundered..should have drawn..Hou starts with a loss..I'm going to watch all her games. Pretty gutsy to play vs the big guns.
  2. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 01:49
    Carlsen and Aronian lost today
  3. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 06:45
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Carlsen and Aronian lost today
    Yep. Wesley So, the new U.S. #1, plays Caruana, who was born here and would be #1 if he didn't choose to play for Italy.

Can you imagine the U.S. Olympic team?Caruana, So, Nakamura (bd 3!), and Kamsky...
  4. Joined
    16 Aug '14
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 12:08
    Was one of the lucky ones who joined this tournament twice. It is a great experience to play chess with so many together in one room, grandmasters included, with the smell of peasoup. When everyone is ready, and you are still in a complicated endgame, then you see how many people there can stand around one single board,
  5. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 15:01
    Originally posted by aljoge
    Was one of the lucky ones who joined this tournament twice. It is a great experience to play chess with so many together in one room, grandmasters included, with the smell of peasoup. When everyone is ready, and you are still in a complicated endgame, then you see how many people there can stand around one single board,
    sounds cool 🙂
  6. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '15 22:09
    Carlsen beat Aronian & Caruana succumbed to Wojtaszek today. Shankland & Sevian won their games too.
  7. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 14:10
    Shankland has lost 1 of his last 68 games !
  8. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 14:34
    McArlsen ended his winning streak with a wimpy little draw against Ivanchuk.
  9. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 17:101 edit
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    McArlsen ended his winning streak with a wimpy little draw against Ivanchuk.
    I saw the post game interview...Magnus said " I'm a chess player..I came here to play..this is not chess" He sounds kind of unhappy he was held to a draw, doesn't he ? Ivanchuk is no pushover.
  10. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 21:241 edit
    Ivanchuk rarely gets beat because he picks his nose at the table. Not only is it distracting, his opponents don't want to capture pieces he has touched.
    One time he actually move his queen to square it was hanging but his opponent offered a draw. I think it was David Navara.
  11. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 21:26
    Originally posted by woadman
    yes either the "c" pawn or the "f" pawn. Too bad Jobava blundered..should have drawn..Hou starts with a loss..I'm going to watch all her games. Pretty gutsy to play vs the big guns.
    I don't think she has a choice. I'm pretty sure her government or federation chooses her tournaments.
  12. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 00:17
    Originally posted by blunderdog
    Ivanchuk rarely gets beat because he picks his nose at the table. Not only is it distracting, his opponents don't want to capture pieces he has touched.
    One time he actually move his queen to square it was hanging but his opponent offered a draw. I think it was David Navara.
    "Chucky's" opponents could be like Michael Jackson and wear a glove....lol...Yes he does rub his nose a lot...
  13. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 16:15
    Here is McArlsen's rather splendid round 9 victory against Teimour Radjabov:

And here is a limerick inspired by it that someone called "athene" posted on chessbomb.com:
    Poor Teimour! His play was quite mad;
    That thing on b6 looks so sad!
    Was it crazed with desire
    For a boy from the choir?
    Let's laugh at a bishop gone bad
  14. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 17:35
    Who has the best tatas at Tata Steel: Yifan, Gunina, or Haas?
  15. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 17:15
    Originally posted by blunderdog
    Who has the best tatas at Tata Steel: Yifan, Gunina, or Haas?
    Yifan is a pirate's dream with a sunken chest ! lol !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree