1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 15:387 edits
    My abusive blitz opponent and me with white, played on FICS five minutes ago, he
    beat me up badly in our first encounter, thus the barrage of advice.

2. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 00:28
    Idk Robbie, when I started out I didn't know anything "theory" wise about openings. I just said, hmm why don't I try a Sicilian and I would glance at some beginners book for 10 minutes and then go out and play it. That was fine for 1700, because frankly, trusting your instincts and what you "get" about a position is more useful than theory at Class B. Granted I was always a little bit afraid of just getting embarrassed by someones canned attack- but usually I would get a worse opening position and then find a way to win in the late middlegame early endgame.

At the class level theory just doesn't matter. If you are dropping material in the opening or losing then you need to revisit your opening principles.
  3. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    My abusive blitz opponent and me with white, played on FICS five minutes ago, he
    beat me up badly in our first encounter, thus the barrage of advice.

[pgn]1. d4 d5 {you should play 1.e4 instead of this beginner nonsense} 2. Nf3 { Robbie : I played 1.e4 for ages, it sucks} Bf5 {you have played chess for ages?? and you still lose so badly? you sh r you now} Qd6 {get the **** out of here kid and watch the drugs} 16. Re6 Qd7 17. Nf6+ *[/pgn]
    lol, best annotations this year!

I would annotate my last blitz game but my opponent aborted on move one and announced

"not you! you American thief!"

I have never played the guy before, but on average about every 10-20 games I get some patronizing comment from a European who either

a) Hates me for being American and absolutely must tell me.
    b) feels the need to comment how rare they lose to Americans in chess (after they lost)
    c) aborts the game because they will not play Americans.

when I lose, I get no response as it was expected 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 08:591 edit
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Idk Robbie, when I started out I didn't know anything "theory" wise about openings. I just said, hmm why don't I try a Sicilian and I would glance at some beginners book for 10 minutes and then go out and play it. That was fine for 1700, because frankly, trusting your instincts and what you "get" about a position is more useful than theory at Class B. Granted pping material in the opening or losing then you need to revisit your opening principles.
    yes i read a wonderful quote from Heinsman in which he lamented the class players preference for opening books as opposed to putting their pieces on protected squares!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 09:03
    lol, best annotations this year!

I would annotate my last blitz game but my opponent aborted on move one and announced

"not you! you American thief!"

I have never played the guy before, but on average about every 10-20 games I get some patronizing comment from a European who either

a) Hates me for being American and absolutely must tell me.
    b) f ...[text shortened]... because they will not play Americans.

when I lose, I get no response as it was expected 🙂
    LOL, I love these blitz guys, i love it when they start to taunt, i had a chick that beat me
    up, said she was going to paste the game on her facebook page so that her friends
    could laugh at it, said i should take up tic tac toe instead, or checkers and that she was
    laughing at my pieces during the game! LOL, you American thief, LOL, whats with that?
    you should counter with shut up you European Euro-trash or something!
  6. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 10:38
    Ayep, it's only in blitz this stuff happens, and even more so in 1min bullet games. So silly.
  7. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 12:11
    Ayep, it's only in blitz this stuff happens, and even more so in 1min bullet games. So silly.
    Yes, it is. I played a guy recently who'd outplay me in the middlegame and then resign. When he did it for the first time, I thought it was a mistake and I offered him a rematch. He did it again. I got irritated and offered him a rematch to show him who's the boss. He did it again. When he said, "I'm invincible!!!11!" I decided to go on with my life.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 12:27
    Originally posted by WanderingKing
    Yes, it is. I played a guy recently who'd outplay me in the middlegame and then resign. When he did it for the first time, I thought it was a mistake and I offered him a rematch. He did it again. I got irritated and offered him a rematch to show him who's the boss. He did it again. When he said, "I'm invincible!!!11!" I decided to go on with my life.
    yeah i had this a couple of times, they are so annoying, its like they ad insult to injury
    by resigning a clearly won position.
  9. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 14:07
    Sandbagging!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree