Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 26 Feb '13 13:26
  2. 26 Feb '13 13:29
    Originally posted by simonwells999
    quick thanks to greenpawn for his entertaining blogs.
    he's a funny guy from watching his youtube vids as well!
    no, i aint on commision, just glad someone keeps this place fun -
    you as well rjhinds!

    recent blog quote:
    Pawns = worthless, get rid of them.
    god i got to love him for saying that 🙂
    keep up the good work, mr. greenpawn ...
  3. Subscriber roma45online
    st johnstone
    26 Feb '13 15:37
    Originally posted by simonwells999
    quick thanks to greenpawn for his entertaining blogs.
    he's a funny guy from watching his youtube vids as well!
    no, i aint on commision, just glad someone keeps this place fun -
    you as well rjhinds!

    recent blog quote:
    Pawns = worthless, get rid of them.
    god i got to love him for saying that 🙂
    keep up the good work, mr. greenpawn ...
    i will second that, fantastic blogs, a real true wit, keep them coming
  4. 28 Feb '13 02:42
    I will echo the title. THANK YOU Thank you GREENPAWN greenpawn

    !!!

    You are a gem to this site. I love your blog. I am so glad that I am behind in reading it because it means I don't have to wait for the next post!
  5. 28 Feb '13 02:43
    Originally posted by simonwells999

    he's a funny guy from watching his youtube vids as well!


    Oh awesome he's got a youtube channel?
  6. 28 Feb '13 09:27
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    i've seen a vid by greenpawn on youtube, but not a channel.
    you'd have to ask him what vids he's up-loaded, and their names,
    i'd be interested too as i've forgotten them 😕
  7. 28 Feb '13 14:12 / 1 edit
    What's going on?

    Recently I've had a few PM's from different lads saying a thank you.
    It's all rather embarrassing.

    But thank you all. I enjoy doing it and although I try to to keep the blog regular
    there are times when I am pushed for time.

    The vids.

    I did three, was going to do more but the kit I used at my house was pretty naff.
    (also forgot the Youtube password).
    Maybe do an RHP special when I have more time.

    YouTube

    Recorded alone at my house, just could not stop myself giggling
    when playing with grand daughters xylophone imitating a mobile.
    Also hard to switch off the chess voice I was using.
    This is the first appearance of The Duck.

    (BTW who has The Duck and am I getting some pictures...please.)

    YouTube

    My favourite - Morphy at the Opera.
    Again alone (I pretend Keith was there.) in my house, need to turn up the sound.

    YouTube

    Recorded at Keith's house on his good kit. (you will hear the difference.)
    My first attempt at this and I did it raw just making it up as I went along
    (it's hard work pushing all the right buttons, talking and looking at the board
    and Keith was motioning me to get a move on.)

    In the 2009 Scottish Championship at night I did a daily report and Keith
    that night did a vid. His are good, very clear and instructive.
    No script. He played over the game once and knew what he was going to say.

    One of Keith's vids.

    YouTube
  8. 28 Feb '13 18:35
    Yes, many thanks to Greenpawn. Excellent and entertaining reading, and I think I have actually absorbed a few pointers, and may have actually improved as a result.

    I have provided contact details to kbear1k and so it may be that the Duck is on its way to me.

    Cheers.
  9. 01 Mar '13 02:12
    Hi.

    The Duck is off to Canada. OK - good.

    (I thought ducks flew south for the winter. This Duck is stupid.)
  10. 01 Mar '13 09:13
    And if anybody else cares to be helpful..........

    I just watched a YouTube video in which the narrator pronounces "fianchetto" with the "ch" sounding like a "k." Is this standard?
  11. 01 Mar '13 09:15
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    And if anybody else cares to be helpful..........

    I just watched a YouTube video in which the narrator pronounces "fianchetto" with the "ch" sounding like a "k." Is this standard?
    yes.

    The "ch" sound in English is simply written as "c" in Italian. Eg. "ciabatto", the bread type.
  12. 01 Mar '13 09:36
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    yes.

    The "ch" sound in English is simply written as "c" in Italian. Eg. "ciabatto", the bread type.
    Thanks.

    Ciao. 😛