1. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    11 May '10 17:20
    Vishy Anand successfully defended his title against Veselin Topalov today, winning the final game of the 12 game FIDE World Chess Championship match in fine style to take the match 6.5 - 5.5. Congrats!
  2. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    11 May '10 17:21
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Vishy Anand successfully defended his title against Veselin Topalov today, winning the final game of the 12 game FIDE World Chess Championship match in fine style to take the match 6.5 - 5.5. Congrats!
    Take it the Chess Forum, spanky. 😛
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '10 17:46
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Thanks, PB. Link to the match?
  4. Joined
    13 May '10
    Moves
    13 May '10 06:01
    Ya Anand won. Yawn...Another few years of boring chess.
    I can't wait for Carlsen to take the title. Wake me up then.
  5. Joined
    13 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 May '10 09:42
    Originally posted by Driven by ANGER
    Ya Anand won. Yawn...Another few years of boring chess.
    I can't wait for Carlsen to take the title. Wake me up then.
    Carlsen does not play more exciting chess than Anand, maybe more than Leko...
  6. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 May '10 10:13
    Originally posted by Gatusso
    Carlsen does not play more exciting chess than Anand, maybe more than Leko...
    false. Carlsen does play more exciting than Anad, he is more aggresive and knows he is stringer these days
  7. Joined
    13 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 May '10 11:011 edit
    Originally posted by vipiu
    false. Carlsen does play more exciting than Anad, he is more aggresive and knows he is stringer these days
    From chessgames.com: Classical games: Viswanathan Anand beat Magnus Carlsen 6 to 1, with 10 draws.

Carlsen plays openings that people consider `boring` all the time, QGD and d4 (which apprently people consider more boring than e4) . I just dont understand people who consider Carlsen the best in the world (by far) and talk about him as if he is already the world champion (chessbase already calls him future world champion in different articles), that just doesnt give credit to other chess players who are at their peak nowadays. I honestly think because of his lack of match experience (he is great at tournaments but matches require different preparation/attitude) he will not be the next challenger to Anand, maybe the cycle after that.

I agree the guy is one of the best in the world but the kind of 13 year old girl mass hysteria that he seems to bring up in some people on the net ( you should watch a game of his on chessbomb.com) really baffles me. He is a good player and might very well become world champion in the future but I had hoped those petty `he is better than him, he will show them how chess is played, kick their asses Magnus` remarks would eventually stop and people would just enjoy chess instead of becoming fanboys.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree