1. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 06:06
    Originally posted by Maxacre42
    He freaked out because the computer refused the sacrifice he offered, something that was unusual at the time. The same so called human moves are found by today's computers. He was just an embarassed sore loser.
    He created pivot points for media interest, try to keep it interesting, with chess there's always something to write about
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 06:14
    Originally posted by Jason Harrison
    A Grandmaster was sat overseeing Deep Blue allegedly? IBM would never surrender the data sheets....
    Game logs here:

http://www.research.ibm.com/deepblue/watch/html/c.html
  3. Joined
    03 Jan '10
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 07:34
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Game logs here:

http://www.research.ibm.com/deepblue/watch/html/c.html
    If they are the actual Deep Blue processor software data sheets showing how it chose each move? Why did it take years to release? I dont think they can be trusted and Kasparov(bless him) suffered a great depression ever after eh....
  4. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 09:44
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    Get ready to swallow:
    Hardly.

The same article reproduced in a variety of places (as many bits of journalism are) doesn't mean he wrote it in the first place. I'm not disputing that the article is being published under his name. I'm saying it's hightly doubtful he was the original author.
  5. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 16:24
    Originally posted by JonathanB of London
    Hardly.

The same article reproduced in a variety of places (as many bits of journalism are) doesn't mean he wrote it in the first place. I'm not disputing that the article is being published under his name. I'm saying it's hightly doubtful he was the original author.
    He is the author. The paper was written by him in response to the book
    "Chess Metaphors"

I'm not sure how many ways he needs to take credit for his work before you decide he
    really did do it; but its pretty clear he is the author. Huffington post and the Times
    aren't in the habit of getting something so silly incorrect.

-GIN
  6. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 20:37
    Originally posted by JonathanB of London
    Hardly.

I hope I'm not wrong about this, but I think I remember reading Mig Greengard say that he sometimes helps write Garry's speeches. Maybe he also helps with his book reviews? IDK
  7. Standard memberpeacedog
    Highlander
    SEAsia
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 03:22
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    He is the author. The paper was written by him in response to the book
    "Chess Metaphors"

I'm not sure how many ways he needs to take credit for his work before you decide he
    really did do it; but its pretty clear he is the author. Huffington post and the Times
    aren't in the habit of getting something so silly incorrect.

-GIN
    It's common practice for sportsmen/celebs/politictions to have ghost writers. Theres no doubt that the article contains Kasparov's thoughts and ideas. But as for it being written by him without outside help... well... maybe, but I dont think so. Same goes for his published books.

No one wants a genius to come across as a idiot just because they cant construct a coherent sentence. Look what happened to me:-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree