1. e4
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 13:14
    Blog 4

Just need feedback on this the first real one.

Good, bad, yes, no, ideas... wrong direction, better class of game.
    (you may need a better chess player for that)🙂

I have left the comments off because they attract cranks with odd questions.
    They can post odd questions in the forum and odd people can answer them.

(or should I leave comments on?).
  2. Joined
    28 Mar '10
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 13:34
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Blog 4

Just need feedback on this the first real one.

Good, bad, yes, no, ideas... wrong direction, better class of game.
    (you may need a better chess player for that)🙂

I have left the comments off because they attract cranks with odd questions.
    They can post odd questions in the forum and odd people can answer them.

(or should I leave comments on?).
    Good? yes
    bad? No
    yes? No
    no? Yes
    ideas? none
    wrong direction?Unsure where you're heading for
    better class of game? Not qualified to answer this

Leave comments off.

toet.
  3. Philadelphia
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 14:42
    Thanks gp, I really enjoyed your analysis, it's great to see how to capitalize on mistakes and how to take advantage of a lead in development.

I'd definitely keep the games at this standard - these are the types of game that the majority of us play every day on the site and so (for me anyway) your analysis is much more instructive than analysing a GM game because I can put the ideas into practice.

I've found one of the most difficult things is to put someone away when I have a clear advantage or a big lead in development so this was really helpful.
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 15:52
    when a problem comes along,
    you must click it!
    before the cream sits out too long,
    you must click it!
    when something's going wrong,
    you must click it!

i say click it!
    click it good!
    i say click it!
    click it good!
  5. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 16:17
    will you do a blog anwsering all questions like Natalia? You can see if you get as many proposals for marriage?
  6. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 16:34
    good stuff and probably the right level for most players here.
  7. Joined
    28 Mar '10
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 18:07
    Originally posted by Habeascorp
    will you do a blog anwsering all questions like Natalia? You can see if you get as many proposals for marriage?
    Great idea!

greenpawn,will you marry me?

toet.
  8. Joined
    24 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 18:51
    I think everyone here likes your writing style, it's very original and entertaining! I wish you wrote a column in my newspaper or something... Anyway, your analysis of the game was fine, although personally I'd like to see you analyze some games of a slightly higher level once in a while. Also, although I liked your Introductory Thoughts and "Post of the Week" feature, I liked last week's post better because it had a loose theme. Maybe next week you could talk about your beloved Latvian Gambit, important concepts, favorite players, etc. Just my thoughts, I'll keep reading regardless!
  9. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 19:22
    Originally posted by DivGradCurl
    I think everyone here likes your writing style, it's very original and entertaining! I wish you wrote a column in my newspaper or something... Anyway, your analysis of the game was fine, although personally I'd like to see you analyze some games of a slightly higher level once in a while. Also, although I liked your Introductory Thoughts and "Post of the ...[text shortened]... important concepts, favorite players, etc. Just my thoughts, I'll keep reading regardless!
    He does write Chandler Cornered! To Greenpawn, everything you ever post is gold, no need for feedback!
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 21:05
    I thought the game choice and notes were excellent.

I also love the "prose, not variations" approach. A box can give me variations any time, but almost all the chess I learned came over the board or by words in books from players who are much better than me.

I also like that the complete game was given at the end. I'm not a big fan of positions from games where I can't see how the game got to that point.

Paul
  11. Standard membertheonecolin
    Theonecolin
    London
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 22:37
    GP thank you !!

I read yor posts regularly - you inspire me to learn and you teach me what not to do .

Your blog is great - spot on - very entertaining - you should write books - yes i know you have but WRITE MORE - your style is great

So thanks again and i am sure our RHP community will appreciate your blogs

Just keep them coming - and if you ever fancy a game - i would value your analysis after you have thrashed me

Thanks

Colin
  12. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 22:48
    Love it, GP

Keep in mind the majority of your readers are probably in the 1300-1600 level, so I'd say games they can relate to are best.
  13. e4
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 23:09
    Cheers - that should be enough.

Just wanted to know if on right path or are you fed up with this 'nonsense'.

Not to sure if I fit in with the good games. there is very little fun
    and bizzare stuff in these games.

But think site deserves one so one of the good proven OTB players
    should run one.

Another book is in the pipeline, just need the kick up the ass to get it going.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree