1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 May '06 13:15
    Originally posted by gobacktotexas
    It exists because God wishes it to exist. We cannot know his design. Except to know that it is intelligent. If you question this, a terrible fate shall await you.
    The Caro-Kann exists, although God did not will that.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 May '06 22:33
    Originally posted by gobacktotexas
    It exists because God wishes it to exist. We cannot know his design. Except to know that it is intelligent. If you question this, a terrible fate shall await you.
    Hey gobacktotexas:
    Your unwavering faith is admirable, but altogether unresponsive rearding en passant! On which day did God "wish it to exist," and why, my theocratic friend. Was it was the same day he created Eve from Adam's rib, for both women and en passant are susceptible to corruption by serpents? 😀
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    17 May '06 03:27
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    I was once playing chess with a Polish friend that could barely speak a word of English. I let him get away with moving 2 pawns one square each in one go at the start in reply to my e4 (After much attempt of arguing with him that it wasnt allowed). Then came my en passant move which was met with a glare followed by protests of 'NO RUE!' and him grabbi ...[text shortened]... p my board and left.
    Why cant everyone learn the sodding rules? There are not that many.😠
    I remember having a similiar experience in Austria in the early 70's. I played two different opponents who both insisted they could simultaneously move both Rook pawns forward one square.

I argued for awhile and then let them get away with it.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '06
    Moves
    18 May '06 16:55
    Originally posted by geofftaliban
    Hey gobacktotexas:
    Your unwavering faith is admirable, but altogether unresponsive rearding en passant! On which day did God "wish it to exist," and why, my theocratic friend. Was it was the same day he created Eve from Adam's rib, for both women and en passant are susceptible to corruption by serpents? 😀
    I do not know. Here in my native land of Uganda, we have the saying:
    Keshi walyire kataera. To roughly translate, it is that a debt is not a loss once one knows the debtor. I believe to understand the nature of God, and therefore en passant, you must know God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree