1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 17:36
    Originally posted by Los Angeles
    " ...Kramnik said in one of the press conferences that he was more anxious about the football Champions League. Have you ever heard anything more insulting than that?
    The man cares for soccer, which he cannot affect, while he is confident of his abilities to determine his own fate over the chessboard. The anxiety of a fan often exceeds the anxiety of a player when one has an investmanet in the result. Similarly, I have more anxiety about the possibilities that Danailov's antics will have paid off than I do about my own "must win" game this Thursday (that will give me at least a share of 2nd place in our club championship).

Kramnik's statement was a fairly straightforward explanation of the psychological realities that anxiety about circumstances within his control is minor. How else could you understand it?

Of course, the Topalov team immediately demonstrated that the battle away from the chessboard was the critical arena.
  2. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 17:50
    "Could you count your friends in the chess sport by their responses to the events in Elista?

I think very few people actually know what is going on here. The majority draws information from the Chessbase site, which is apparently on Kramnik’s side. I would like to make it clear that this site is a shame for a developed European state like Germany."

😀😀

This really made me laugh out loud.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree