1. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 18:57
    Originally posted by katty
    I think wildfire's game is worse than this.. Ravello is a good player if he sits on his a$$ for a while and thinks for more time.. I've played him and iknow.. His rating is higher than what shows at the moment. So it's no big deal if he beats you..
    Due to the many games he plays at a time he blunders.I think he gave you a good smack.

If you see this gam ...[text shortened]... ng difference made me take it lightly Game 1337735. I still think this is worse than yours
    Thanks,I'd never expect such defense from you,by the way the guy is just a sore loser who can't accept that in chess there are mistakes and losses.
  2. Belfast
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Look, you really don't know what you're talking about. I could analyze and refute that line like I did your original one but the point is that premature pawn pushes are not good for White in the Sicilian. If he remembers that and not to trade the d4 Knight at c6 unless for a tangible advantage, he'll be fine. Just cuz Fritz thinks e5 is the right move doesn't make it so; Fritz isn't too good in judging long-term positional advantage.
    Actually that's my own analysis. I don't have Fritz.
  3. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:271 edit
    Thanks to everyone for your help on this. I should have realized that my queenside was sorely undermanned, but that's for the next time I play that variation.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 22:39
    Originally posted by lukemcmullan
    Actually that's my own analysis. I don't have Fritz.
    Since an experienced player would know an early pawn push to e5 in the Sicilian by White is inadvisable, but Fritz makes the move it's first choice I figured you were analyzing with the engine. Sorry. Your new line is refuted by simply 11 ..... Qb4 rather 11 .... fxe5 forcing the exchange of Queens and the possibly the Knight for the White Bishop. This leads to a drawish looking, quick endgame.
  5. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 02:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    but the point is that premature pawn pushes are not good for White in the Sicilian. If he remembers that and not to trade the d4 Knight at c6 unless for a tangible advantage, he'll be fine. .
    1. e4 c5
    2. Nf3 e6
    3. d4 cxd4
    4. Nxd4 Nc6
    5. Nc3 Nf6
    6. Nxc6 bxc6
    7. e5 Nd5
    8.Ne4

An early Nc6 trade and e5 push is a sharp but valid option in this line, taking advantage of a d6 hole. A Chesslab filter on 2400 rating gives 86 white wins vs 31 losses.
  6. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 17:13
    Originally posted by Checkmate187
    Nice crotch shot, katty.
    Quiet, ball-face.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree