Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 27 Nov '10 00:26
    Unless you have an University degree, you should not even consider joining Peace on Earth. Having said that, if you can fathom the Rupert principal then your a freak! Good luck with that..
  2. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    27 Nov '10 00:33
    Originally posted by cprins99
    Unless you have an University degree, you should not even consider joining Peace on Earth. Having said that, if you can fathom the Rupert principal then your a freak! Good luck with that..
    ....thats 'a University' and 'you're'.

    Jesus wept.

    skeeter
  3. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    27 Nov '10 00:55
    Originally posted by skeeter
    ....thats 'a University' and 'you're'.

    Jesus wept.

    skeeter
    Rec'd!
  4. 27 Nov '10 02:31
    Also, I think you meant principle, not principal.
  5. 27 Nov '10 03:29
    Originally posted by Zelnick
    Also, I think you meant principle, not principal.
    well i sure feel like an idiot. I googled rupert principal and was wondering why I couldnt find anything.
  6. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    27 Nov '10 03:50
    Originally posted by Maxacre42
    well i sure feel like an idiot. I googled rupert principal and was wondering why I couldnt find anything.
    Surely you knew about Rupert, Principal of the Jules Verne Elementary school in the southeast corner of northwest Amarillo?
  7. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    27 Nov '10 04:08
    Just another two penneth from me but... I'm going off the fact that I know cprins 'disposes' of, very eloquently I feel, a very dry humour ...lest that be overlooked here
  8. 27 Nov '10 16:30
    What's an Rupert principul?
  9. 27 Nov '10 19:07
    Is Rupert a relative of Victoria Principal? I was a huge Dallas fan back in the day.
  10. 28 Nov '10 04:35
    Totally baffled I googled 'Rupert Principle + Chess' to see what
    this lad was going on about and why he was venting in a chess forum.

    It took me to a site called The Simpleton

    http://qwertyrob.blogspot.com/2007/10/rupert-principle.html
  11. 28 Nov '10 11:16
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Totally baffled I googled 'Rupert Principle + Chess' to see what
    this lad was going on about and why he was venting in a chess forum.

    It took me to a site called [b]The Simpleton


    http://qwertyrob.blogspot.com/2007/10/rupert-principle.html[/b]
    Hi GP

    Probably the wrong Rupert. Look through the OP's other posts, he's big on "Peace on Earth". (Good luck with that.) Probably Rupert Sheldrake, those new age psychobabble links are more in tune with his dreams, methinks.

    What does all this have to do with chess? Clearly a misplaced thread. And if he wants peace on Earth, what's he doing playing chess? It's such a violent game.
  12. 28 Nov '10 17:12
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Hi GP

    Probably the wrong Rupert. Look through the OP's other posts, he's big on "Peace on Earth". (Good luck with that.) Probably Rupert Sheldrake, those new age psychobabble links are more in tune with his dreams, methinks.

    What does all this have to do with chess? Clearly a misplaced thread. And if he wants peace on Earth, what's he doing playing chess? It's such a violent game.
    He plays the caro-kann, aiming for harmony on the board through the form of a draw.