2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 20:071 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 20:473 edits
    Just like to say thankyou to bishopfellwalker for a thoroughly enjoyable and
    entertaining game - kind regards Robbie.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 21:05

5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 21:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    kissy kissy? 😛
    This from the author (a page back) of the following:
    note to would be posters, now while I understand that ones preconceptions may be challenged by the subtle conceptual ideas under discussion, please try refrain from getting personal, this is a chess forum, not the bitchin forum
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 00:121 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You continue to amaze me with your knowledge. You are truly a high class broad and worthy to keep your nose high in the air and ignore a redneck like me.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 09:131 edit
    I have not stated that it is new, in fact its been known for some time, way before the
    Kramnic -Bartel match of 2012. I in fact got the idea from a chessFM lecture some
    years ago, but being arrogant and stubborn, pigheaded, a semi literate peasant
    unwilling to even entertain the opinions of others and given to talking unadulterated
    nonsense I immediately dismissed it as the work of a madman and would hear no more
    about it, how it came to surface in this game is really a mystery and entirely without
    precedent. Naturally my innate unwillingness to learn from stronger players would
    preclude this happening and one must therefore, after having dismissed all other
    possibilities, conclude that it was a distortion of the natural laws of the universe, which
    the religious term, a miracle.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 20:48

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 21:151 edit
    If you find having your preconceptions intellectually challenged as constituting an
    attack on you personally then either you are neurotic and in need of some
    assistance or have a siege mentality, either way, this is the chess only forum so
    either 'pony up', some chess or take it elsewhere, as for me, i have provided
    reasons for my assertions,

We do not sacrifice in chess for nothing, we expect something in return, whether its
    a mating attack, the ruination of a pawn structure, the domination of a colour
    complex, this in my opinion puts paid to the idea that we sacrifice material somehow
    with the expectation of getting nothing in return, which is a nonsense, the logical
    consequence of this is, that its an irrelevancy whether the material is returned or
    not, because we have given something and hope to get something in return,
    whether its time as in a gambit, or some positional concession when its a positional
    sacrifice or even the material back. Now while I realise that this may not be an
    original idea, it is the product of my own mind, I do not expect anyone else to either
    validate it or to accept it for it has relevancy to no one but me, but what I will not do
    is behave like a spoiled brat and start to lambaste someone simply because they do
    not share the same opinion as me, for I realise that everyone's perspective is
    different. I suggest Duchess64 that you go away and think deeply about what this
    means, it may save you from issuing further unwarranted outburst, insults,
    tantrums, assertions of misconstruing your text. I have absolutely no interest in
    attacking you personally, in fact it grieves me somewhat to think that you thought
    such was the case.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 23:25

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 23:371 edit
    this is the chess only forum , not the ad hominem forum,

There's no need for anger
    There's no need for blame
    There's nothing to prove
    Ev'rything's still the same
    Just a table standing empty
    By the edge of the sea
    Farewell Angelina
    The sky is trembling
    And I must leave.

Bob Dylan - Farewell Angelina.

Bye Duchess64.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 18:28
    I think the poisoned pawn variation of the sicilian is a true positional sacrifice... black sacrifices his position in order to win a pawn. 😛
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 20:11
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I think the poisoned pawn variation of the sicilian is a true positional sacrifice... black sacrifices his position in order to win a pawn. 😛
    I wonder if Duchess64 will return, I kind of miss him/her. It was almost like having skeety back. 😛
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 19:39
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    It seems the modifier "positional" is used mainly in the absence of immediate tactics. It reminds me of Yermolinsky's "spit and polishers" - guys who were proud of their ability to win without using many, or any, tactical motifs.
    The Yeminator is an awesome player. He played here locally just recently. What a super nice person he is. It's great to hear such positive reports from a GM.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree